Page 20 of 20

Re: Re: Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:37 pm
by paulodell
ggibby wrote:Ah, no, I am using the term 'buffer' and thinking 'cache,' as some other clients I've tried take that approach, which makes backing up in a song pretty easy. Different methods, different results.

Hi Gibby,
I just wanted to let people using SubWiji know that I have finally been able to make Caching of songs work.
SubWiji will auto-cache (if you set it) into the Cache folder (you can also set this up - by default its the My Music folder).

The cached copies will be of the same quality and should play back (instead of hitting the web server).

Im also adding an option for User Management, viewing you own user permissions along with Full File Downloads, so if your user has the Download permission you will be able to download a Song, Album, Artist or Playlist all from SubWiji.

All these changes are still underway so I wont be releasing them yet but I wanted to let people know for suggestions or questions whilst im making changes.

Thanks

Paul

Download Link

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 pm
by mrburitto
Hello,

Is this project still active? All of the download links (including the latest one on the previous page) are not working... I would really like to try out your app. I would be willing to host it for you on one of my servers if thats the problem... Granted that it works and if I like it of course :)

Let me know if you need a place to host it, or can provide a working download link. Thanks!

Re: Download Link

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:25 pm
by paulodell
mrburitto wrote:Hello,

Is this project still active? All of the download links (including the latest one on the previous page) are not working... I would really like to try out your app. I would be willing to host it for you on one of my servers if thats the problem... Granted that it works and if I like it of course :)

Let me know if you need a place to host it, or can provide a working download link. Thanks!


Hi yes it is still alive
As in my other thread the update and installation server method went a bit awry...

Please use link here - http://www.paulodell.co.uk/subwiji/SubWiji.htm

ALWAYS please use Internet Explorer (I hate it also).

I use Chrome usually but SubWiji uses Microsoft ClickOnce to deploy and this works best in Internet Explorer, you only need it for the initial install.

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 am
by khumbert45
I just installed the program and connected to my server. When I click the Music Library, the window pops up but nothing is shown in the window. It says "Page 1 of 100" but that's it. If I go to the Artist Cloud tab I can see all the artists, but when I click on any of them, there are no songs, albums, etc. showing up. Any help you can provide me would be great.

SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:45 am
by paulodell
khumbert45 wrote:I just installed the program and connected to my server. When I click the Music Library, the window pops up but nothing is shown in the window. It says "Page 1 of 100" but that's it. If I go to the Artist Cloud tab I can see all the artists, but when I click on any of them, there are no songs, albums, etc. showing up. Any help you can provide me would be great.

Hi,
What version of subsonic do you have installed?
Also what is your music folder structure like?
Subsonic 4.8 uses id3 tags so if your music does not have this setup it won't work well.
Another note is, is your server registered (donated)?
Thanks
Paul

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:03 pm
by khumbert45
I just re-installed Subsonic v4.8 the other day. I then installed the Madsonic mod (v4.8.3360).

My folder structure is setup from my itunes, which organizes it automatically.

My server is registered (just did that this past weekend).

Thanks for the quick response.

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 pm
by paulodell
khumbert45 wrote:I just re-installed Subsonic v4.8 the other day. I then installed the Madsonic mod (v4.8.3360).

My folder structure is setup from my itunes, which organizes it automatically.

My server is registered (just did that this past weekend).

Thanks for the quick response.


Ok so your setup with the best options, can you give me a temporary login (PM it to me) or email me @ subwiji@icloud.com and I can debug your server and find out the problem :)

Thanks

Paul

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:26 pm
by khumbert45
I sent you a PM. Thanks!

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:55 pm
by paulodell
khumbert45 wrote:I sent you a PM. Thanks!


I have found that using the API (which is what SubWiji uses to get data) from Madsonic doesn't work for getAlbumList2.view which is a new routine from subsonic 4.7 onwards, if i force getAlbumList.view (the old routine) the albums come back.

I do not want to use this old routine as its not right, I would suggest asking the Madsonic developers about this issue, also I did notice that there is a new version of Madsonic that you could install....

In the changelog of Madsonic 5 it does say
*) Update REST API
*) Update id3 REST API Calls

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 pm
by khumbert45
Sounds good. I will try and update madsonic to see if that works. If not, I will post the feedback for them and go back to subsonic until they get it updated.

Thanks for taking the time to check into this.

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 pm
by paulodell
khumbert45 wrote:Sounds good. I will try and update madsonic to see if that works. If not, I will post the feedback for them and go back to subsonic until they get it updated.

Thanks for taking the time to check into this.

No problem, if you get any more problems or if Madsonic state that the API's are updated now then please come back to me and I can have another look

:)

Thanks

Paul

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:03 pm
by rvonder
Hi Paul,
I installed SubWiji and it was working fine with the default settings. I then changed a couple of the options (set the theme to Aero and the position to Bottom). When I applied the changes, SubWiji completely disappeared from the screen! I tried hiding the Windows 7 taskbar, and also moving the taskbar to the top of the screen hoping I'd be able to see SubWiji again. But neither of these helped. I even tried completely uninstalling SubWiji and then reinstalling, but it's still invisible (I'm assuming that uninstalling doesn't remove configuration info somewhere?)

Do you have any idea what's happening? Since SubWiji doesn't appear in the Program Files folder, I don't even know where to look for configuration info so I could try to manually change location back to 'top' again. Help!

Thanks...

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:39 pm
by paulodell
rvonder wrote:Hi Paul,
I installed SubWiji and it was working fine with the default settings. I then changed a couple of the options (set the theme to Aero and the position to Bottom). When I applied the changes, SubWiji completely disappeared from the screen! I tried hiding the Windows 7 taskbar, and also moving the taskbar to the top of the screen hoping I'd be able to see SubWiji again. But neither of these helped. I even tried completely uninstalling SubWiji and then reinstalling, but it's still invisible (I'm assuming that uninstalling doesn't remove configuration info somewhere?)

Do you have any idea what's happening? Since SubWiji doesn't appear in the Program Files folder, I don't even know where to look for configuration info so I could try to manually change location back to 'top' again. Help!

Thanks...

Hi
Try removing the SubWiji folder in the location below

C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\Local Settings\Apps

That should clear the settings out

Paul

Re: SubWiji - Windows Subsonic Client (WPF)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:10 am
by paulodell
rvonder wrote:Hi Paul,
I installed SubWiji and it was working fine with the default settings. I then changed a couple of the options (set the theme to Aero and the position to Bottom). When I applied the changes, SubWiji completely disappeared from the screen! I tried hiding the Windows 7 taskbar, and also moving the taskbar to the top of the screen hoping I'd be able to see SubWiji again. But neither of these helped. I even tried completely uninstalling SubWiji and then reinstalling, but it's still invisible (I'm assuming that uninstalling doesn't remove configuration info somewhere?)

Do you have any idea what's happening? Since SubWiji doesn't appear in the Program Files folder, I don't even know where to look for configuration info so I could try to manually change location back to 'top' again. Help!

Thanks...


I have actually sent a new version of SubWiji out (1.5.5.52 -> http://www.paulodell.co.uk/subwiji/SubWiji.htm) which if the Black skin is NOT selected and Bottom Docking IS selected (your situation) it will automatically turn off Bottom Docking, hopefully this will allow you to revert the skin back.

Unfortunately Bottom Docking is a bit hit and miss as are the other skins.

Please give that a go and let me know how you get on

Thanks

Paul