Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Madsonic Mashup Mod is a fork of the Subsonic 4.7 Server Build 3090 with some Subsonic Data schema modifications!

Moderator: moderators

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby j3tblk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm

jdubso wrote:It is not just the artist icon he is talking about. When you are browsing the library from the left and you click on an artist you then have a place holder for an artist icon at the top and below that the album covers for the artist albums you have. I think that is what he is referring to.
^---This!
CORRECT!!! I do not want this. I have 6000+ artists. I'm not sitting and adding artwork. For instance: What lineup for RHCP does one use? Do you use a band logo? There is no need for an artist image. None. What artist image do I use for Soundtracks? or Various Artists? I walk away from feature creep like this as it changes the whole program.
j3tblk
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby jdubso » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm

j3tblk wrote:
jdubso wrote:It is not just the artist icon he is talking about. When you are browsing the library from the left and you click on an artist you then have a place holder for an artist icon at the top and below that the album covers for the artist albums you have. I think that is what he is referring to.
^---This!
CORRECT!!! I do not want this. I have 6000+ artists. I'm not sitting and adding artwork. For instance: What lineup for RHCP does one use? Do you use a band logo? There is no need for an artist image. None. What artist image do I use for Soundtracks? or Various Artists? I walk away from feature creep like this as it changes the whole program.


You could edit artist.jsp and remove the reference to the place holding photo.
jdubso
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 am
Location: United States

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby j3tblk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:53 pm

jdubso wrote:
j3tblk wrote:
jdubso wrote:It is not just the artist icon he is talking about. When you are browsing the library from the left and you click on an artist you then have a place holder for an artist icon at the top and below that the album covers for the artist albums you have. I think that is what he is referring to.
^---This!
CORRECT!!! I do not want this. I have 6000+ artists. I'm not sitting and adding artwork. For instance: What lineup for RHCP does one use? Do you use a band logo? There is no need for an artist image. None. What artist image do I use for Soundtracks? or Various Artists? I walk away from feature creep like this as it changes the whole program.


You could edit artist.jsp and remove the reference to the place holding photo.


I.DID.NOT.KNOW.THAT!!!

I'll build up a VM and give it a try -THANKS!!
j3tblk
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby sigel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:12 pm

I like this feature and put in my vote to allow even more customization. :-)

But then again, to keep people like him happy, I guess an on/off setting is always good. But I totally disagree about "there is no need for an artist image. None." I imagine your library is probably a mess.
sigel
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby j3tblk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Is there a way to get the albums\folders to list alphabetically?
j3tblk
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby j3tblk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:12 pm

sigel wrote:I like this feature and put in my vote to allow even more customization. :-)

But then again, to keep people like him happy, I guess an on/off setting is always good. But I totally disagree about "there is no need for an artist image. None." I imagine your library is probably a mess.



my library is bulletproof I've even paid people to scrub folders and tags to perfection. I have a bounty on mistakes and typo-s. You imagine wrong. very wrong.

6,883 artists
15,734 albums
189,191 songs
1935.83 GB (~ 14,966 hours)
j3tblk
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby henriquemaia » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:40 pm

I have the same problem.
henriquemaia
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 am

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby MadEvil » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 pm


hi, happy back in a new madsonic year! :D


many people have problems with madsonic, to solve all problems all your feedback is welcome.
but keep this in mind. Madsonic 4.8 tree is heavy in development and is not feature complete.

The Beta 3 Artist Hub will get in Phase 2, so get Coverart for Artists from the new Last.FM Cache Service
(so no Artist Cover Download click contest) :wink:

it works allmost well with my own TestLib:
10,946 all artists
2,392 album artists
5,150 albums
389 genres
67,821 songs

Phase 3 is get more Infos, like Bio, Links, TopTitle, TopAlbum, Playcounts, UserCharts come later ...

new Features Beta 3:

less aggressive Tracknumber Filter
new Sorting File/Album Sorting Options
New Theme [SigelSonic]
Autoreimport external Playlists if changed on Rescan
new Mediafile Version System
new Last.FM API Cache Service (Coverart)
Update Coverart Service
Update Albumset Bug
Update ffmpeg
Update Jquery
Update REST Api

stay tuned ...

best regards
Madsonic Developer
User avatar
MadEvil
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby j3tblk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:33 pm

MadEvil wrote:
hi, happy back in a new madsonic year! :D
.......
....
stay tuned ...

best regards

AWESOME!!!
j3tblk
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby chali » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi

and thanks for a great product.

I would like the following additions to madsonic

for movies.

1: select subtitle
2: select audio track
3: download images and info from imdb
4: of course is html5 highly desirable (but probably difficult)
5: way to lock bittrate for eg 1000-1500bit / s for a user
6: play mp4 without transcoding (without having to do it to flv)
7: Users with Swedish characters (å ä ö) can not play movies with mobile app
8: set a limit to how many users can be online at the same time

/ Chali
chali
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby gurutech » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 am

Just installed beta 3, build 3300. The problems I was having with some songs not playing seems to be cleared up. (knock on wood).

Must have been an issue with ffmpeg, since according to the list, it was updated. The only other thing I could think of is that some of my songs were ripped using "variable bit rate" but most weren't. The "vbr" files (the ones I noticed at least) are the ones that wouldn't play in MadSonic.
Image
gurutech
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby sizetwo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 am

Probably been asked before, but couldnt find it. Will Mashup mod still work with iSub or Subsonic for Android? Will there be any changes to how that functionality is at all, or will it be as it is with vanilla Subsonic?
sizetwo
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby gurutech » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 am

sizetwo wrote:Probably been asked before, but couldnt find it. Will Mashup mod still work with iSub or Subsonic for Android? Will there be any changes to how that functionality is at all, or will it be as it is with vanilla Subsonic?


I'm running iSub with no problems. The only issue I have is that iSub (at least version 3.1.0) requires use of the xxxxx.subsonic.org URL, even if you have your own URL.
Image
gurutech
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby sizetwo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:59 am

Ok - thanks for the info! :) I will install it and take a look at it. Looks promising. Just spent the Christmas period tagging files and structuring my collection properly, so I think this might be a good fit.
sizetwo
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: Madsonic - Mashup Mod [MAIN]

Postby GJ51 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Welcome back ME. You still da man!

Another donation will be made upon completion of 4.8 final release.

Keep up the great work - it is VERY much appreciated.

I encourage everyone using Madsonic to make an occasional donation no matter how small for all the hard work ME is putting in on this project. Many of the features incorporated into Madsonic were things that many users have been asking for as far back as version 4.0 of Subsonic. I was absolutely dumbfounded when I brought some of these things got done within a few days of bringing them to ME's attention, considering that I had been suggesting these features for almost 2 years.

An occasional small donation to someone who puts in this much time and effort to serve our needs goes a long way to make it worthwhile for him to continue.

Thanks again ME - you have us spoiled!

Gary J
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
User avatar
GJ51
 
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:58 pm
Location: Western New York

PreviousNext

Return to Madsonic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest