Shuffle all songs by Artist?

Alternative Android Client for Subsonic

Moderators: daneren2005, moderators

Shuffle all songs by Artist?

Postby ecd1973 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but does anyone know how to use DSub to shuffle all songs by an Artist? Clicking "Play Shuffled" at the Artist level shuffles the albums, but then plays the songs on each album in order. Maybe if we had an "All Songs by Artist" option at the album level?
ecd1973
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 12:29 am

Re: Shuffle all songs by Artist?

Postby daneren2005 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:38 pm

You can shuffle again from the now playing screen to get a per song shuffle. I'm not going to email you since I'm replying here :D
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Shuffle all songs by Artist?

Postby ecd1973 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:33 pm

daneren2005 wrote:You can shuffle again from the now playing screen to get a per song shuffle. I'm not going to email you since I'm replying here :D



Thanks for the reply. The advantage of selecting "Play Shuffled" outside of the now playing screen is that the first song will be random. If you add all the songs to now playing and then shuffle, the first song will not get shuffled in with the rest, which is why I like the play shuffled option so much.

Consider this a humble request to allow "Play Shuffled" at the artist level take all songs by that artist and add them shuffled to Now Playing? Or at least make it an option? Outside of that, maybe have an "All Songs" item at the album level and let that have a "Play Shuffled" option like any individual album.
ecd1973
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 12:29 am

Re: Shuffle all songs by Artist?

Postby ecd1973 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Finally figured this out.

1. Click on Artist
2. Albums are listed. Upper right click on "Show all media". This shows all songs for that artist
3. Click shuffle button.
4. All songs for that artist are shuffled and loaded to now playing.
ecd1973
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 12:29 am

Re: Shuffle all songs by Artist?

Postby tonestert » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:22 pm

ecd1973 wrote:Finally figured this out.

1. Click on Artist
2. Albums are listed. Upper right click on "Show all media". This shows all songs for that artist
3. Click shuffle button.
4. All songs for that artist are shuffled and loaded to now playing.


When I try this I get an error message:
StackOverflowError

Anyone else find a way to shuffle all songs by an artist ?
tonestert
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Shuffle all songs by Artist?

Postby daneren2005 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Can you send me a log after you get that error? And I have another solution in the second post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Shuffle all songs by Artist?

Postby KicknGuitar » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:24 am

ecd1973 wrote:Consider this a humble request to allow "Play Shuffled" at the artist level take all songs by that artist and add them shuffled to Now Playing? Or at least make it an option? Outside of that, maybe have an "All Songs" item at the album level and let that have a "Play Shuffled" option like any individual album.

I have to concur with this. I rarely shuffle all songs in an artist but I would have thought a shuffle button under an artist would shuffle songs not albums. Just something to consider and see if anyone else had similar expectations in the UI. At least I know how to shuffle all artist tracks. Cheers. :P
The beauty of sharing one's work:
Subsonic • MusicCabinet • Madsonic
KicknGuitar
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 am


Return to DSub for Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest