Failed to sync songs A problem occured communicating with...

Alternative Android Client for Subsonic

Moderators: daneren2005, moderators

Failed to sync songs A problem occured communicating with...

Postby z-vap » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:51 pm

I've had this problem for what seems like forever.

Dsub has been reporting to me every time I go online that it has "Failed to sync songs A problem occured communicating with the Server. Please check the server address ...". I know that the scrobbling with Last.Fm feature works because whenever I listen to music if i refresh last.fm the songs show up. So there must be another issue here. But I have no clue what it could be.

I frequently go offline whenever I am traveling. I've even tried cleanring the cache on my phone, uninstalling the app, reinstaling etc. But the error persists.

Is there anything I can do to help alleviate this message I am getting? Thanks.
z-vap
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Re: Failed to sync songs A problem occured communicating wit

Postby daneren2005 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Send me a log (Home tab -> 3 dot menu -> Send Logs) after it happens since I have not seen that before.
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Failed to sync songs A problem occured communicating wit

Postby z-vap » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:52 pm

even stranger is when I click send logs it errors with "Failed to gather logs".
z-vap
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Re: Failed to sync songs A problem occured communicating wit

Postby daneren2005 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Yes after posting that I realized I had messed up the release and forgot the log key. I have an update going out. Try again after the update. Sorry about that
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Failed to sync songs A problem occured communicating wit

Postby z-vap » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Its saying "Failed to sync songs..." but its referencing one of the mp3s. I tried deleting the folder it was in but the error persisted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling subsonic, then I checked the subsonic.log folder and in there was the first 4 songs registered from the LP its looking for but the 5th song fails with a REST API error, and that is the song your app is mentioning. I even put the mp3 file back where it was but it still errors out.

I haven't updated to 5.1.7 yet. I'll try that now and do the "send logs".

EDIT: Sent
z-vap
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm


Return to DSub for Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest