Chromecast Audio

Alternative Android Client for Subsonic

Moderators: daneren2005, moderators

Chromecast Audio

Postby p2ranger » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Ever since "upgrading" to Andriod 7, Dsub has not been cooperating. I have a chromecast audio that used to be able to cast to from Dsub on Android 6.x. Now that I'm on 7, it doesn't want to play anything. I am able to cast to the device using a podcast player, so it seems to be something with Dsub.

Thanks

Jason
Subsonic 5.3
Ubuntu 14.04
User avatar
p2ranger
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Sandy, UT

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby daneren2005 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Is it failing to cast or is Chromecast not showing up as option to cast to in the first place?
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby p2ranger » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:44 pm

Failing to cast. The play button becomes a stop button
Subsonic 5.3
Ubuntu 14.04
User avatar
p2ranger
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Sandy, UT

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby daneren2005 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Immediately after it fails to cast can you send me a log via Home tab -> Send Logs?
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby p2ranger » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Sent
Thanks
Subsonic 5.3
Ubuntu 14.04
User avatar
p2ranger
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Sandy, UT

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby daneren2005 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:57 pm

And of course the error is completely worthless:
Code: Select all
Failed to load: Status{statusCode=unknown status code: 2100, resolution=null}
I hate Google sometimes. Do you happen to have anything not on Android 7 to double check that it is actually broken because of the OS upgrade and not due to some other related change which happened around the same time?
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby p2ranger » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:53 am

I used my nexus 4 on 4.4.4. It worked. Stupid Google
Subsonic 5.3
Ubuntu 14.04
User avatar
p2ranger
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Sandy, UT

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby p2ranger » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 pm

any updates?
Subsonic 5.3
Ubuntu 14.04
User avatar
p2ranger
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Sandy, UT

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby daneren2005 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:09 pm

Can you make sure to force restart your Chromecast? So far you are still the only one reporting this issue and I still don't really know how to fix without any idea why it is giving that error in the first place.

Also looking back your the old email thread I asked: "Have you made sure that it doesn't work with the outside visible address? I know others have had issues with Chromecast forcing the use of it's own DNS service causing issues in the past." and didn't get a response.
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby p2ranger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:07 am

My apologies for not interacting with you on a quicker time scale. Busy

I got a new Nexus 6P, I factory reset the chromecast, I created a new server within Dsub that only had a local address but still pointed towards my regular server, and I still can not get it to play. I did get it to play eventually after force closing the app after it froze up, but I no longer had the ability to control it in Dsub as it just played on its own.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about making sure it doesn't work with the the outside visible address? I'm assuming when I added a new server in Dsub with a local only address would apply to that

I am able to cast from my Doggcatcher podcasting app.

Jason
Subsonic 5.3
Ubuntu 14.04
User avatar
p2ranger
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Sandy, UT

Re: Chromecast Audio

Postby p2ranger » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:06 pm

I found my issue

I needed to change how I had my local address listed for my server. Using just the IP address for the server when casting locally worked. I had it listed as the name of the computer instead of the IP. Not sure why that doesn't work as everything else I use on my local network when I refer to that server I just use the name of the computer. Like you said it may have something to do with the way the chromecast uses DNS lookups.

Maybe this will help someone else

Jason
Subsonic 5.3
Ubuntu 14.04
User avatar
p2ranger
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Sandy, UT


Return to DSub for Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests