Subsonic Tray Icon turn into red

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Subsonic Tray Icon turn into red

Postby asukatabito » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:44 am

I am using Windows 10.
Subsonic Tray Icon occasionally turn into red color. The control panel shows service status is running, but [memory uesd][started on][server address] do not show up. How should I fix it.

asukatabito

Re: Subsonic Tray Icon turn into red

Postby MacTech » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:02 am

I really wish anyone would answer this too ...
MacTech

Postby G8DHE » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:07 pm

Have you tried hitting the STOP button, and then START again once it has updated ? I sometimes do it from the Services App as a few times it hasn't responded.
Geoff G8DHE
Version 6.0 Beta 2
G8DHE

Postby asukatabito » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:58 am

MacTech wrote:I really wish anyone would answer this too ...
By now I can only confirm that this has something to do with the VPNs in my environment, but I have not figured out the specific reasons. I guess using SSLVPN might cause this phenomenon.
asukatabito

Postby MacTech » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:22 pm

Could also be a Windows Firewall issue... During the entire time of one of the recent Updates my tray icon was also Red, but I still had access from outside the house/WAN - but NOT from inside on my own LAN. I worked furiously to troubleshoot and figure out why, I even deleted and uninstalled Subsonic several time and reinstalled it and NOTHING fixed the red tray icon issue. I finally called Microsoft after reading about the millions of others that had similar issues all related to "patches" in the updated Firewall, lo-and-behold the next update that rolled out fixed THAT issue and Subsonic is back to running as it should or as expected, with a green tray icon.
MacTech

Return to Help