Can't change my forum password after data breach

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Can't change my forum password after data breach

Postby nothsa » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:56 pm

TL;DR The forum's Spamhaus detection is preventing me from changing my password, even though my Spamhaus thinks my IP is fine.

I used to use LastPass, and a couple of months ago they had a data breach where someone made off with all of the encrypted vaults, so I'm changing all of my passwords.

I tried to change my password for the forums, but I keep getting this message:
Code: Select all
Your IP <REDACTED> has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=<REDACTED>.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.

I have tried from a number of IP addresses and I get the same message every time. When I follow the spamhaus.org link it says "<REDACTED IP> has no issues" for each IP that I've tried.

Any mods/admins have an idea of what I can do to update my password?
nothsa

Re: Can't change my forum password after data breach

Postby kulo » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:11 pm

I've the same problem. I try to change my password with different IP addresses without luck, always say the the IP is blacklisted.
kulo

Return to Help