Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

RHEL 9.2 insalled ok, after reboot unable to start Subsonic

Postby neuroscope » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:00 am

Problem Description: Cannot start Subsonic after reboot

Troubleshooting Steps: Attempt start as root # service subsonic start
Error:
/etc/init.d/subsonic: line 41: /etc/init.d/functions: No such file or directory

an LS of /etc/init.d/ shows only the 'subsonic' script file, no such 'functions' script exits for that script to source.

Playback Application and version: n/a
Subsonic Version: 6.1.6
Server Version: RHEL 9.2
Hardware Platform: HP Elite 9300
Java Memory Limit: default/untouched

Is RHEL 9.2 not supported? assuming the 'functions' file comes wiht the distro and not the subsonic package/RPM file.

Would AlmaLinux also be not an option?

Personally I want to stay on RHEL side of things not the debian/arch side of linux but build a 'newer' box than previously to last years to come.

Any solutions welcome. Maybe another method to start the subsonic service or does someone have the 'functions' script required as a missing link here? it was working prior to reboot thinking hte RPM install ran a script that did the trick, IDK.
neuroscope

Re: RHEL 9.2 insalled ok, after reboot unable to start Subso

Postby neuroscope » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:12 pm

I found I can do it with Subsonic standalone and setup my own startup script. not as quick as service / chkconfig x enable but serviceable for my needs

Situation was the same on Almalinux 9.2 (no surprise there) the /etc/init.d folder doesn't exist after a clean install of RHEL 9.2 & Almalinux 9.2 so maybe a new separate RPM / additional scripting to accomodate those env changes on next update maybe?

I'm not a programmer/dev, just a sysadmin so IDK.

Now onto nginx reverse proxy config for hostname based routing to 127.0.0.1:4040 & ssl endpoint
neuroscope

Return to Help