Java 1.7 Incompatibility

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Java 1.7 Incompatibility

Postby sindre_mehus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:52 am

gillespam wrote:Hi Sindre,

I also have trouble with Subsonic 4.7b1-3 and Sun Java 1.7.0.5

Please find enclosed a zip file with the two errors I got.

I have no problem at all with the same Java and Subsonic 4.6 FYI.

subsonic.err.zip

Are you deploying subsonic.war on Tomcat? If so, you must clean the "work" directory in Tomcat, as per the install instructions.

Hope this helps,
Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby gillespam » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:09 am

Hello Sindre,

Clearing the cache was my solution.

Here is what I did each time I wanted to upgrade Subsonic :
- stop the tomcat6 service
- delete everything subsonic related in /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps
- copy there the new subsonic.war
- restart the tomcat service

Thanks for reminding me to RTFM :lol:
gillespam

Postby Mindpaint » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Just loaded 4.7.beta3 (build 3081) on WHS. All is again perfect.
Mindpaint

Postby GJ51 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Mindpaint wrote:Hello all.
What is the final status of this issue (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException - Message:Comparison method violates its general contract!) I assume we are waiting for a new release that fixes the issue?

Any idea on a release date?

Thank You all for everything. Subsonic is Fantastic!

I've installed/upgraded to 4.7b3 3 times on different Windows platforms without any java issues. I thought this was fixed in 4.7b3.

EDIT: Cross posted - glad to see it's working.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby btamxx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks for all the tips.

I had the latest version of SS beta with J6 and then Java sent an upgrade to J7. SS quit. I un-installed SS, un-installed J7, rebooted, installed SS which also installed J6, and it all works fine. It was absolutely J6/SS compatability.
btamxx

Postby robw » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Hello all,

Have a problem with java too.
Updateted to the latest subsonic

No album pictures anymore, and can play songs

This is my log output:

Exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

null

Java version

Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_26

Operating system

Linux 2.6.32-42-server

Server

jetty-6.1.x

Memory

Used 42 of 130 MB

Stack trace
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SecurityService.getMusicFolderForFile(SecurityService.java:238)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SecurityService.isInMusicFolder(SecurityService.java:233)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SecurityService.isReadAllowed(SecurityService.java:201)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getMediaFile(MediaFileService.java:98)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getMediaFile(MediaFileService.java:79)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.NowPlayingController.handleRequestInternal(NowPlayingController.java:54)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet

There are a lot more of these errors.
What can be the problem?

Greetz,
Rob
robw

Postby kyomi7502 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm

I was just curious if this was still an issue? If so I'll just leave my java alone. (I think my SS is running off 6u33 currently and the most up-to-date java atm is 7u7).

Also, Rob.. I see the first entry in the trace is (SecurityService.java:238). I'm not an expert or anything but it sounds like it has something to do with permissions?
kyomi7502

Postby GJ51 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 pm

No problem on Windows using the WAR version. I've been using the latest Java available for some time now without any issues.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby mrbellow » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm

What's this?
Is this a Java related problem?
I encounter this problem only in one directory of my ReadyNAS where the music is stored
What to do?
Thanx

Exception

org.springframework.dao.TransientDataAccessResourceException

PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [update media_file set folder=?,type=?,format=?,title=?,album=?,artist=?,album_artist=?,disc_number=?,track_number=?,year=?,genre=?,bit_rate=?,variable_bit_rate=?,duration_seconds=?,file_size=?,width=?,height=?,cover_art_path=?,parent_path=?,play_count=?,last_played=?,comment=?,changed=?,last_scanned=?,children_last_updated=?,present=?, version=? where path=?]; java.io.IOException: S1000 Data file size limit is reached in statement [update media_file set folder=?,type=?,format=?,title=?,album=?,artist=?,album_artist=?,disc_number=?,track_number=?,year=?,genre=?,bit_rate=?,variable_bit_rate=?,duration_seconds=?,file_size=?,width=?,height=?,cover_art_path=?,parent_path=?,play_count=?,last_played=?,comment=?,changed=?,last_scanned=?,children_last_updated=?,present=?, version=? where path=?]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: java.io.IOException: S1000 Data file size limit is reached in statement [update media_file set folder=?,type=?,format=?,title=?,album=?,artist=?,album_artist=?,disc_number=?,track_number=?,year=?,genre=?,bit_rate=?,variable_bit_rate=?,duration_seconds=?,file_size=?,width=?,height=?,cover_art_path=?,parent_path=?,play_count=?,last_played=?,comment=?,changed=?,last_scanned=?,children_last_updated=?,present=?, version=? where path=?]

Java version

Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_20

Operating system

Linux 2.6.37.6.RNx86_64.2.4

Server

jetty-6.1.x

Memory

Used 102 of 183 MB

Stack trace
org.springframework.dao.TransientDataAccessResourceException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [update media_file set folder=?,type=?,format=?,title=?,album=?,artist=?,album_artist=?,disc_number=?,track_number=?,year=?,genre=?,bit_rate=?,variable_bit_rate=?,duration_seconds=?,file_size=?,width=?,height=?,cover_art_path=?,parent_path=?,play_count=?,last_played=?,comment=?,changed=?,last_scanned=?,children_last_updated=?,present=?, version=? where path=?]; java.io.IOException: S1000 Data file size limit is reached in statement [update media_file set folder=?,type=?,format=?,title=?,album=?,artist=?,album_artist=?,disc_number=?,track_number=?,year=?,genre=?,bit_rate=?,variable_bit_rate=?,duration_seconds=?,file_size=?,width=?,height=?,cover_art_path=?,parent_path=?,play_count=?,last_played=?,comment=?,changed=?,last_scanned=?,children_last_updated=?,present=?, version=? where path=?]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: java.io.IOException: S1000 Data file size limit is reached in statement [update media_file set folder=?,type=?,format=?,title=?,album=?,artist=?,album_artist=?,disc_number=?,track_number=?,year=?,genre=?,bit_rate=?,variable_bit_rate=?,duration_seconds=?,file_size=?,width=?,height=?,cover_art_path=?,parent_path=?,play_count=?,last_played=?,comment=?,changed=?,last_scanned=?,children_last_updated=?,present=?, version=? where path=?]
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:106)
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:72)
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:607)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:792)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:850)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:858)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.dao.AbstractDao.update(AbstractDao.java:71)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.dao.MediaFileDao.createOrUpdateMediaFile(MediaFileDao.java:135)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.checkLastModified(MediaFileService.java:125)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getChildrenOf(MediaFileService.java:202)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getChildrenOf(MediaFileService.java:178)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.MainController.handleRequestInternal(MainController.java:84)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:166)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:173)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: java.io.IOException: S1000 Data file size limit is reached in statement [update media_file set folder=?,type=?,format=?,title=?,album=?,artist=?,album_artist=?,disc_number=?,track_number=?,year=?,genre=?,bit_rate=?,variable_bit_rate=?,duration_seconds=?,file_size=?,width=?,height=?,cover_art_path=?,parent_path=?,play_count=?,last_played=?,comment=?,changed=?,last_scanned=?,children_last_updated=?,present=?, version=? where path=?]
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.throwError(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$2.doInPreparedStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:798)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:591)
... 62 more
mrbellow

Postby hakko » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 am

I think you should report this to Sindre. Personally, I wouldn't use HSQLDB for storage, but that's a pretty drastic recommendation.
MusicCabinet developer
hakko

Postby mrbellow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:35 am

Thank you!
Moreover now I can navigate my files but I can't play them (any format).
The log is :
Error

Subsonic encountered an internal error. You can report this error in the Subsonic Forum. Please include the information below.

Exception

null

Java version

Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_20

Operating system

Linux 2.6.37.6.RNx86_64.2.4

Server

jetty-6.1.x

Memory

Used 137 of 183 MB

Stack trace
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SecurityService.getMusicFolderForFile(SecurityService.java:227)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SecurityService.isInMusicFolder(SecurityService.java:222)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SecurityService.isReadAllowed(SecurityService.java:190)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getMediaFile(MediaFileService.java:95)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getMediaFile(MediaFileService.java:76)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.NowPlayingController.handleRequestInternal(NowPlayingController.java:54)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:166)
at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:173)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

Thanx for any help
mrbellow

Postby hakko » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 am

Another e-mail to Sindre, I'd say. There's no easy configuration (that I'm aware of at least), only more painful clean reinstalls.
MusicCabinet developer
hakko

Postby mrbellow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 pm

What do you mean with " a clean reinstall"?
Is there any particular procedure to make a clean reinstall?
mrbellow

Postby hakko » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 pm

I mean removing the previous database, including user settings etc. If you remove all previous traces of Subsonic and install again, you should be fine. See this post first, though: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10338
MusicCabinet developer
hakko

Postby nohart » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Is this going to ever get fixed? It says that Java is a security issue so every time I get the latest version it breaks Subsonic. I mean come on and fix it already. I always have to roll back Java...
nohart

PreviousNext

Return to Help