2.9beta1 and edit tags

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

2.9beta1 and edit tags

Postby Jof » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:25 pm

Hi!

The edit tags function does not work for me.
I edit a tag and then i click at save, but there is nothing going on.
When i go back to the album view, the tag is still the same and nothing has changed.
the files are all 777, so tomcat has write rights.
Jof

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:44 pm

Hi,

What browser (and version) are you using? Can you please try a different browser and see if you have the same problem?

Thanks,
Sindre
sindre_mehus

Postby Jof » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:55 pm

I tried it with firefox 1.5.0.7 linux and windows
an i tried it with IE 6.

I found something interesting, when i click with the internet explorer at save there comes an error on the left bottom it says:

line: 61
sign: 9
failure: DRWutil is undefinied
code: 0

with firefox i see no error, but it also doesn`t work.
Jof

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:08 pm

Hm, yeah that error is the reason it doesn't work.
Can you please visit http://yourhostname/subsonic/dwr/util.js and see what happens? If it works correctly, you should get some javascript code, starting with "function DWRUtil() { }"

Sindre
sindre_mehus

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Actually, I think you might be running an old Tomcat version (5.0). Please see this thread for more details:
http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtop ... hlight=dwr
sindre_mehus

Postby Jof » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:12 pm

first thx for the prompt answers.
I get following:

Error

Subsonic encountered an internal error. You can report this error in the Subsonic Forum. Please include the information below.
Exception javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError
Message Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
Java version Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.5.0_06
Operating system Linux 2.6.15-23-386
Tomcat home /usr/share/tomcat5
Stack trace javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(TransformerFactory.java:134) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.convert.DOMConverter.(DOMConverter.java:157) at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor117.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494) at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConverterManager.addConverterType(DefaultConverterManager.java:54) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.loadConverter(DefaultConfiguration.java:165) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.loadInits(DefaultConfiguration.java:119) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.addConfig(DefaultConfiguration.java:86) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.addConfig(DefaultConfiguration.java:66) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.AbstractDWRServlet.init(AbstractDWRServlet.java:110) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1044) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:701) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:144) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929) at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Jof

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:18 pm

Right, you're most likely running an outdated Tomcat version. Subsonic requires Tomcat 5.5 or later.

Please upgrade, or do the workaround mentioned in http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43

Hope this helps,
Sindre
sindre_mehus

Postby Jof » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:24 pm

Thanks, yes you are right. Im running Tomcat 5.
The workaround works for me.
I installed Tomcat with apt-get on my ubuntu machine, there is only the 5.0 Version available

THX

Jof
Jof

Postby Groovy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am

I have the same problem with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04 and its Tomcat 5.5 package. I'll try the fix but I guess I shouldn't need with this 5.5.20 version. Here is the page I get for http://myserver/subsonic/dwr/util.js

Code: Select all
Subsonic encountered an internal error. You can report this error in the Subsonic Forum. Please include the information below.
Exception    javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError
Message    Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
Java version    Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0
Operating system    Linux 2.6.20-16-386
Server    Apache Tomcat/5.5
Memory    Used 19 of 23 MB
Stack trace    javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(TransformerFactory.java:119) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.convert.DOMConverter.(DOMConverter.java:157) at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor48.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513) at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConverterManager.addConverterType(DefaultConverterManager.java:54) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.loadConverter(DefaultConfiguration.java:165) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.loadInits(DefaultConfiguration.java:119) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.addConfig(DefaultConfiguration.java:86) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.addConfig(DefaultConfiguration.java:66) at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.AbstractDWRServlet.init(AbstractDWRServlet.java:110) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1105) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:757) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:130) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Groovy

Return to Help