Help with inconsistent multi-disc album track listing

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Help with inconsistent multi-disc album track listing

Postby efrainperezjr » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Hello, I'm new to Subsonic, and I'm noticing that some of my multi-disc albums in Subsonic are displayed/indexed correctly (i.e. Disc 1 tracks are listed completely first, Disc 2 tracks second, etc), and other albums are incorrect (i.e. Each disc's first tracks are listed, then each disc's second tracks, etc). I thought this was caused by inconsistent ID3 disc number values in my files, but I checked each album in MediaMonkey, and ALL my albums have the disc number values filled in correctly. How can I correct this. I tried rescanning and cleaning the database and also deleting the media folder in Subsonic, but nothing has worked. Thanks, this app has been really great and I just want to correct this small issue.
efrainperezjr
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: Help with inconsistent multi-disc album track listing

Postby toolman » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi,
I solved this problem by just changing the tracknumbers.
Album 1 tracknumber 101, 102, 103 etc
Album 2 tracknumber 201, 202, 203 etc
Album 3 tracknumber 301, 302, 303 etc
I really don't know what tags Subsonic is reading / using but there still are some design errors / faults in handling of the tags.
For example: Subsonic's search function uses the "Albumartist" tag when searching instead of the "Artist" tag.
Which means that if you're searching for all the songs of one artist you'll miss all the songs on compilation albums where the "Albumartist" tag is Various Artists.
toolman
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:18 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Help with inconsistent multi-disc album track listing

Postby acroyear » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:24 pm

I can't recall what tool/ripper did it, but I found that how disc numbers are marked "X of Y" might vary. It looks like the spec is supposed to be "1/2" internally in the tag - disc 1 of 2 - and pretty sure that's what iTunes does as when I fix things from certain download sites/sources in iTunes and then re-import, things are fine. I can't say what the broken format was, I just went to iTunes to fix it.

Once changed, I had to rename the folder, scan, clean db, rename back, scan, clean db again, in order to get things where i wanted.
--
Joe Shelby
http://subfiresuite.com/
http://subfireplayer.net/
User avatar
acroyear
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:05 pm
Location: Northern, VA


Return to Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests