So... subcriptions... early adopters... etc

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

So... subcriptions... early adopters... etc

Postby Orbitrix » Sun May 05, 2019 12:25 am

So I'm a very very very early adopter of Subsonic, and have not been able to use my original key for a while now, to successfully use SubSonic. Is this supposed to be the case? Does absolutely everyone require a yearly subscription now? I kinda feel like I should have been grandfathered in.... what I paid for was not a subscription service... whats going on? what can i do? please help.

Sorry if this is an over answered question.
Orbitrix

Re: So... subcriptions... early adopters... etc

Postby LRanger » Sun May 05, 2019 2:41 am

Orbitrix wrote:So I'm a very very very early adopter of Subsonic, and have not been able to use my original key for a while now, to successfully use SubSonic. Is this supposed to be the case? Does absolutely everyone require a yearly subscription now? I kinda feel like I should have been grandfathered in.... what I paid for was not a subscription service... whats going on? what can i do? please help.

Sorry if this is an over answered question.

I have a licence from the time when it was a 'donation'; it still gives me premium features.
LRanger

Postby Orbitrix » Sun May 05, 2019 3:01 am

Ok, thank you, that is what my friends have said as well, which is what inspired me to make this post and look in to it.

I have actually just gone ahead and paid for the last 2 years worth of a modern subscription out of ignorance and lazyness. But right now i honestly can't afford it. And i absolutely am an original "donation only" era user.

I still own and have access to every email address i could have possibly used to sign up. Im 99% sure i know which one it is and i can provide to support if necessary. Its so weird tho, because they are gmail accounts i never delete anything from, certainly nothing like this.... Yet i cant seem to find my registration email. Either its so old its been archived out of my gmail, or something weird happened.

I have what i think is my original registration key in a text file but its not working :-(. Which is weird and is what made me think my key doesn't work any more even tho i still have it saved, even if i cant find the original email it came in.

Idk guys. I can do whatever it takes to prove my case. I love and use subsonic constantly between me and my girlfriend, and im reliant on it at this point. Im hoping so hard this can get worked out.

Is there a more appropriate place i should be trying to deal with this? I didn't see any direct support contact info at first glance.

Thank you for your time.
Orbitrix

Postby LRanger » Sun May 05, 2019 6:37 am

Have you tried entering the email address you registered in this page?

LRanger

Postby mykol404 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Joined in 2010, possibly early 2011. Key still works.
mykol404

Postby zeroth » Tue May 14, 2019 5:01 pm

My key is old as well. Still works. I did send another donation in as I do appreciate the continued development.....even though it's slowed down a lot.
zeroth

Postby Orbitrix » Sat May 25, 2019 2:17 am

Edit: wow. i'm an idiot.... It was so long ago, I used an email to sign up that I totally forgot about... I found my email/licence saved in a text file, and it works..... sorry for the trouble.
Orbitrix

Return to Help