Music file playback oddity

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Music file playback oddity

Postby dragonstar0828 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:27 pm

So I have a flac file that when I play it using the newest Firefox on 3 different machines inside the house, including the one where the file resides and SS is installed, playback hangs at 15 seconds.

If I just access the file by double-clicking and let the Windows media player play it there's no problem.

I'm not doing any transcoding and no other files seem to be having the problem so what the frak?

Anyone?

As usual thanks in advance for any help, advice or suggestions.

drc :)
dragonstar0828

Re: Music file playback oddity

Postby dragonstar0828 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:05 pm

FOLLOW UP...

Despite being a Firefox fan I tried whatever version of Chrome I have on one of the machines and it plays that track just fine.

So it's browser related and I can live with Chrome as my pc based music player for now, but it would still be nice to know what the issue in Firefox is and if it can be fixed or I just have to wait for some Firefox update to correct the problem.

dragonstar0828

Postby G8DHE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Are you sure its not just been cached in Firefox with the error in it ?
Geoff G8DHE
Version 6.0 Beta 2
G8DHE

Postby dragonstar0828 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Hey Geoff...

Perhaps you're mixing my postings, as I said in this one there's no actual problem with the file, and it would seem odd that Firefox on 3 different machines would find some error out of nowhere at exactly the same second during playback.

But regarding my previous post about a playback issue where I replaced the file, on the first machine I found the issue I did clear everything in Firefox I could and even restarted the machine and that particular problem continued to happen.

dragonstar0828

Return to Help