Android Phone App login

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Android Phone App login

Postby dhsmith77 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:40 pm

I just upgraded to a new music server and got everything working OK ( almost). I can login from any PC, from my iPad, iPhone etc. fine... but... I can't log in using the android app on my Samsung mobile phone... either locally or via the internet... My phone will login fine to the site via the chrome browser, but not via the app... tries and fails... I deleted and reinstalled the app but no change... the app always connected to the old server fine... it feels a lot like a cache issue but there's no clearing the cache on the app... any ideas?
dhsmith77

Re: Android Phone App login

Postby J_T_W » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:11 pm

The apps use the API; the browser does not. Subsonic requires a subscription to enable the API. Any chance you didn't re-register your subscription key on the new instance?
J_T_W

Postby dhsmith77 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:02 pm

We believe we did the license reregistration and it looks like we did... that doesn't seem to be helping though... https://www.screencast.com/t/CJEK0fgte Are we missing something?
dhsmith77

Postby dhsmith77 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:49 pm

one more update on this issue... I can access the subsonic server just fine with the app running on ios (which also presumably looks for the premium license code)... the issue of no access appears to be confined to my samsung note 9 and my library setup... the samsung android accesses the subsonic test site just fine... totally crazy... has to be some small nuance that is being missed.
dhsmith77

Postby J_T_W » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:52 pm

You might try two troubleshooting steps. First would be accessing the API via the browser to make sure it is response. I have no idea your encryption, DDNS, or Port configuration, but a URL like

Code: Select all
http[s]://[<our.Server.ddns]:[port]/rest.ping.view

Should return an XML response saying that a required parameter is missing. Anything else would warrant further API troubleshooting.

You could also look at downloading a second Subsonic API supporting mobile app (lots are free) and attempting to connect via a second app to rule out issues with the existing.
J_T_W

Return to Help