Returning to Subsonic

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Returning to Subsonic

Postby phred » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:10 pm

After using Airsonic Advanced for a number of months, I'm ready to go back to Subsonic due to a couple of reasons. I export about 100 playlists from a music application to a directory where Airsonic lives. Every time there's a change to a playlist Airsonic adds a "new" playlist of the same name. So I'll wind up with multiples of every playlist that's had a change. And if I delete a playlist from the exported playlists directory, Airsonic does not delete the playlist from its database.

I seem to recall that Subsonic did not have these issues. Can someone confirm that when I import playlists Subsonic will overwrite the old file with the new file thereby eliminating duplicate playlists of the same name.

Since Subsonic hasn't been updated in a number of years, I'm wondering if there are any security issues with v6.1.6 installed on Windows 10 when exposed to the Internet through a firewall.

Thanks.
phred

Re: Returning to Subsonic

Postby phred » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:57 pm

60 views and no comments.

I know Sindre no longer appears on the forum (last login March, 2021) but I know there are others here who should be able to address my questions.
phred

Postby phred » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:46 pm

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the (lack of) feedback.
phred

Postby phred » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:23 am

phred wrote:Since Subsonic hasn't been updated in a number of years, I'm wondering if there are any security issues with v6.1.6 installed on Windows 10 when exposed to the Internet through a firewall.
phred

Postby Exrace » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:34 pm

I host my own server behind a Sophos firewall and use "Web Application Firewall" to protect the instance from attacks.
I would not just place an instance behind simple port forwarding.
I used to scan for vulnerabilities a while back and never detected any issues.
Exrace

Return to Help