Can only access subsonic when off home network

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Can only access subsonic when off home network

Postby jlatter » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:42 pm

Hi, I recently bought a new Eero 6 Mesh Wi-Fi for my house. Since I set it up, I have only been able to access my subsonic server when I am NOT on my home network. If I try to access subsonic from any mobile device while on my home network (through iSub or Play:Sub), it tries to access the URL 192.168.2.1. But the Eero router default uses 192.168.4.x. I have tried to use static IPs using 192.168.1.x. I found that I can access the server on my home network temporarily when I: 1) disable the "Access your server over the internet..." option, and then 2) after a period of time, say 30 minutes, re-enable the "Access your server over the internet..." option. Then it may work for a couple of hours. But it always ends up trying to access 192.168.2.1 at some point. Also, when I disable the "Access your server over the internet..." option, my mobile apps take me to subsonic.org. It only goes to 192.168.2.1 when the "Access your server over the internet..." option is enabled. Not sure what I need to do. HELP!
jlatter

Re: Can only access subsonic when off home network

Postby jlatter » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:33 pm

A quick update... I've been trying to eliminate possible causes of this issue and the issue appears to be with subsonic-supplied dynamic dns entry to my server, 'username.subsonic.org'. I have tried changing the username, with no success. Also, while I can enter the server's url in any device and access subsonic, when I type in 'username.subsonic.org' the url changes to 192.168.2.1:4040 and times out. I have no idea why. Everything works fine when I am off my network.
jlatter

Postby acroyear » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:10 am

I had this issue as well, that the subsonic.org address didn't work. Never found a solution.

My techy setup: I just gave up and bought my own domain (or rather added a subdomain to a domain i already owned, along with a dyndns to cname to) and I have a reverse proxy setup on a linux box apache server to do the internal forwarding. I can easily auto-maintain the https cert via letsencrypt on the apache box, so I don't have to add the cert to the java environment (which is much more painful to do).
--
Joe Shelby
http://subfiresuite.com/
http://subfireplayer.net/
acroyear

Postby jlatter » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:20 am

I was afraid that would be the answer... it worked fine for years. It wasn't until I changed my ISP router out for an eeros 6 mesh system that this started happening. Since the change, it has never worked right.
jlatter

Return to Help