4.7 Beta 2 Playlist Import Issues

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

4.7 Beta 2 Playlist Import Issues

Postby rjshirts » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 pm

I've posted this once before, but I think it got buried and forgotten. I was using 4.6 and then upgraded to 4.7 beta 2. I love that the playlists are now more easily accessible; however, the importing of the old playlists is broken beyond all reason for me. A number of my playlists were fairly large (~1300+ tracks), but they won't import 90% of the time, and when they do, they only show up with the last 25-ish tracks added to the list. I've been banging my head on this for a few days now.\
Anyone else having playlist import issues?
rjshirts

Re: 4.7 Beta 2 Playlist Import Issues

Postby rjshirts » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:30 am

Ok, I think I figured out the problem, and it's something that is probably buggy in the 4.7 beta 2 release. If a listing in the playlist file has capitalization in the directory structure (e.g.: D:\Music\), it dies. Once I did a universal find and replace to make it all lower-case... viola! It worked. That should probably be looked at for the full release - case sensitivity is a pain.
rjshirts

Re: 4.7 Beta 2 Playlist Import Issues

Postby BKKKPewsey » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Well done for spotting that - I couldn't get any of my playlists to import - now I know why
However I can see this could be a big issue for Linux users

:mrgreen:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, Image but some abuse the privilege!

Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music.
BKKKPewsey

Return to Help