Low bitrate wma files is cut short.

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.

Moderator: moderators

Low bitrate wma files is cut short.

Postby kdid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:46 am

Problem seen using the internal flash player. Not tested it on an external player.

Description: If you have wma to mp3 transcoding turned on and your wma file is say 128 kbit/sec and you have set your streaming rate to 160 kbit/sec, then the last part of the tracks is not played.

So a 4 minutes track is cut of at 4*128/160 = 3 minutes and 12 seconds.

This problem is related to the problem we had earlier were flac files was being cut short for similar reasons. I guess your fix at that time did break playback of low bitrate transcoded tracks.

So, Sindre, when you fix this, please verify that flac files still plays correctly. :)

Also I see that the buffering progressbar in the flash player will stop before the end if you play a 128 kbit/sec wma file when you transcode it to 112 kbit/sec. But in that case the file actually will play to the end.

Thinking about this it can seems like the problem is that the flash player isn't caching the whole song when it is cut short. This could be because it is misinformed about the length of the song or some such, I do not know.
-- kdid
kdid

Postby DBarriault » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm having the exact same issue. Is there a way to fix this other than having to re-rip all cd's that were done in a very low bitrate ?
DBarriault

Return to Feature Requests