See what others are streaming

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.

Moderator: moderators

See what others are streaming

Postby mistaox » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:35 pm

Hello,

I use Subsonic on a LAN for sharing all types of media with a distributed file system setup. It works great...Unlike other solutions, it was really easy to implement and management is a breeze.

Before discovering Subsonic, I tried another product that had the option of seeing the titles of whatever media other users were currently streaming.

Perhaps a small "Currently Logged on users" box with this information could be implemented?

I think this would add more to the community experience of Subsonic and allow others to easily discover new content, based on what their peers were interested in.

LDAP auth would be nice too :)
I know this has been suggested already..Im proficient in LDAp programming in VB.net...not sure if i can help in anyway..But Just in case, check this link:

http://www.openldap.org/jldap/
mistaox

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:22 am

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I'll definitately consider adding a display of what other users are playing.

As for the LDAP support, I really have to see how easy/difficult it will be to integrate with my current auth implementation. Thanks for the JLDAP link, by the way.

Sindre
sindre_mehus

Postby laruellef » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:48 am

Until Sindre implements your request,
you may want to have your users subscribe to last.fm
this would allow you to see what they're listening to... :-)
laruellef

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:24 am

Hi,

FYI, a display of what people are listening to has been implemented and will be available in the next version of Subsonic.

Thanks,
Sindre
sindre_mehus

Postby kapz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:57 pm

mistaox,

Any user can click on the "Status" menu at the top and see what users are streaming what songs. Is this not what you are looking for?
kapz

Postby mistaox » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:33 pm

kapz wrote:mistaox,

Any user can click on the "Status" menu at the top and see what users are streaming what songs. Is this not what you are looking for?

nope!...But Sindre has already nailed this in the 3.2 beta...

Thanks for implementing my request Sindre, you are awesome.
mistaox

Return to Feature Requests