Subsonic 4.7.beta2 released

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Subsonic 4.7.beta2 released

Postby bushman4 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Have you verified that the account that the second instance is running under is an account that has network access to the shares on the XP box?

Glenn
Glenn Sullivan
Subsonic 6.1.6 (Unraid Docker)
90 regular Subsonic Users

Library as of 2021-09-23:
4,120 artists
16,235 albums
201,172 songs
5525.59 GB
26,799 hours
bushman4

Postby kargath » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Yes. Like I said.. worked perfectly until I installed 4.7b2.

If I pull up the directories in explorer, I can play any of the videos in those directories. I do this often, as the Win7 machine is my primary PC. The WinXp box is for torrenting & media serving.

They are shared as read-only directories. ... worked great in 4.6.

*edit* I think I misunderstood what you were asking. Subsonic should be installed as the same user in both instances (4.6 and 4.7b2)... I always log in under the same account, so that shouldn't be the issue.
kargath

Postby GJ51 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:35 am

Upgrading SS rewrites the service logon account. Open the Services console and re-edit the logon account for the SS service.

http://monroeworld.com/android/subsonic/
Last edited by GJ51 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby kargath » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Well... now I just feel like an idiot. :-) Thanks for solving that one.

For some reason, I was under the impression that the service would be installed under the same user level as what I was logged in as at the time of install. I didn't realize it was installed as a local service...

I don't remember doing this when I installed 4.6 for some reason... hmmm.... oh well, seems like it's good to go. Thanks again.
kargath

Postby tigro » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:02 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:Good news! I've fixed the problem with media scanning being so slow on large collections. It was a missing database index causing some queries to take very long.

Thanks to phazzard for providing test data!

Sindre

Hi,

Is there a way to add this database index now using /db.view to the 4.7beta2 ?
I have a media scan in progress since two weeks :shock: and would be glad to have it completed once to give some feedback on my huge collection :wink:

Thank you very much !
tigro

Postby jrh.koenig » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:13 am

Hi,
this is only a information.
I have just upgrade my macbook from Lion to Mountain Lion and Subsonic 4.7.beta2 is still running.

Kind Regards

Johannes
jrh.koenig

Postby phazzard » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Just clicked on an artist and got this error message - Re tried several times and continue to receive this error message - Only noticing on this one artist as of now - Any ideas?

Error
Subsonic encountered an internal error. You can report this error in the Subsonic Forum. Please include the information below.

Exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Message Comparison method violates its general contract!
Java version Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_05
Operating system Windows 7 6.1
Server jetty-6.1.x
Memory Used 138 of 251 MB
Stack trace java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract! at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(Unknown Source) at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(Unknown Source) at java.util.TimSort.mergeForceCollapse(Unknown Source) at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source) at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source) at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source) at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source) at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getChildrenOf(MediaFileService.java:212) at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getChildrenOf(MediaFileService.java:178) at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.MainController.getMultiFolderChildren(MainController.java:213) at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.MainController.handleRequestInternal(MainController.java:84) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265) at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107) at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:166) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:173) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149) at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084) at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084) at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084) at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:830) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
phazzard

Postby GJ51 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:38 pm

This should be fixed in the beta 3 release which I'm pretty sure isn't too far off. I've been able to get around this a few times by doing a clean reinstall, that is, COMPLETELY remove SS and Java and rebuild.

Or you can just wait for the b3. :wink:

I'm pretty sure b3 is just around the corner if for no other reason than this thread is getting too long. :mrgreen:
Gary J

GJ51

Postby tkelito » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:10 am

sindre_mehus wrote:I *think* this has been fixed but not yet released. I hope to put out a new beta version in not so long, so please try again then.

Thanks for the reply Sindre, I will try it when the 3rd beta comes out. Keep up the good work. I know you put a lot of new features into the latest version so it is to be expected that a lot will be broken.
tkelito

Postby thequestionmark » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:45 am

Hello,
one important issue for the "star implementation"

Please make it possible, that every User has its own "Starred Items". When i then click in the top menue on Starred there should be a dropdown menu, where i can chose what stars I want to see: a) only mine b) all stars )c stars from specific users.

Thank you very much for your work !!!
thequestionmark

Postby eyalasaf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi,
You know when the 4.7 stable version is released?
eyalasaf

Postby GJ51 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm expecting a beta 3 release sometime this month, but that's just a guess.
Gary J

GJ51

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm

tigro wrote:
sindre_mehus wrote:Good news! I've fixed the problem with media scanning being so slow on large collections. It was a missing database index causing some queries to take very long.

Thanks to phazzard for providing test data!

Sindre

Hi,

Is there a way to add this database index now using /db.view to the 4.7beta2 ?
I have a media scan in progress since two weeks :shock: and would be glad to have it completed once to give some feedback on my huge collection :wink:

Thank you very much !

Sure, try this:
Code: Select all
create index idx_album_name on album(name)
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby sindre_mehus » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:56 pm

A new version (4.7.beta3) has been released so I'm locking this topic.

Please head over to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9998

Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Previous

Return to Announcements