Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby chuckles » Wed May 31, 2017 2:24 am

An album in my collection had a problem with it's title. I used a tag editor to fix it. I ran a scan of media folders and I went back to see my changes to the album in Subsonic, the title was there but all the tracks were gone. The only way I could get them back was to delete the database and scan a new one.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?
chuckles
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby tmwsiy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:21 am

Subsonic is horrible at handling album name changes and is very frustrating when this happens.

Sometimes:
> I am able to move the renamed folder to somewhere that Subsonic doesn't index.
> Run a scan
> Clean database
> Add renamed album/folder back to correct location
> Scan again

This sometimes fixes the problem.
Other times, I pull my hair out, smash my computer against the wall, curse wildly, delete database, and start from scratch.
tmwsiy
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby chuckles » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 am

I have found that if I change the date modified of the folder, Subsonic will treat the album as new and it doesn't disappear.
chuckles
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby mason » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:14 am

I have a similar issue with 6.1.1 see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17158

TL;DR old refreshed albums doesn't get properly updated and won't show up or at least only some tracks. solution is to remove album, scan, clean, readd, scan again... but it's pretty anoying also it's loosing all the stats :/
User avatar
mason
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby wendigo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm

mason wrote:I have a similar issue with 6.1.1 see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17158

TL;DR old refreshed albums doesn't get properly updated and won't show up or at least only some tracks. solution is to remove album, scan, clean, readd, scan again... but it's pretty anoying also it's loosing all the stats :/


Simpler solution is to just add/change/remove any file in that subfolder, e.g. renaming cover.jpg to front.jpg.
wendigo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:50 am

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby Wolke » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:20 pm

wendigo wrote:
mason wrote:I have a similar issue with 6.1.1 see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17158

TL;DR old refreshed albums doesn't get properly updated and won't show up or at least only some tracks. solution is to remove album, scan, clean, readd, scan again... but it's pretty anoying also it's loosing all the stats :/


Simpler solution is to just add/change/remove any file in that subfolder, e.g. renaming cover.jpg to front.jpg.


Thank you so much! That saved me a lot of work. Last time I had this problem, I completely resetup the server. Your solution works like a charm. :D
Wolke
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:46 am

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby Alsaya » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:17 pm

That's a nice Workaround but now I've to check every Folder, a lot of uselss work
Please Sindre.-..
Subsonic on Server 2012, only flac
Image
Alsaya
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby lonesomerider » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:30 am

Wolke wrote:
wendigo wrote:
mason wrote:I have a similar issue with 6.1.1 see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17158

TL;DR old refreshed albums doesn't get properly updated and won't show up or at least only some tracks. solution is to remove album, scan, clean, readd, scan again... but it's pretty anoying also it's loosing all the stats :/


Simpler solution is to just add/change/remove any file in that subfolder, e.g. renaming cover.jpg to front.jpg.


Thank you so much! That saved me a lot of work. Last time I had this problem, I completely resetup the server. Your solution works like a charm. :D


Did you try to open up the url

<UrlOfSubsonic>/db.view

and execute the follwing sql:

Code: Select all
UPDATE MEDIA_FILE
SET children_last_updated = '1970-01-01 01:00:00.0'
WHERE TYPE IN ( 'ALBUM', 'DIRECTORY')
AND PATH LIKE '%YOUR CHANGED PATH%'



then do a rescan of the library.

this helped me to recover 2% of missing songs after the upgrade to 6.1.1. Maybe this is easier than moving files back and forth...
lonesomerider
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 am

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby wendigo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:10 am

lonesomerider wrote:
Did you try to open up the url

<UrlOfSubsonic>/db.view

and execute the follwing sql:

Code: Select all
UPDATE MEDIA_FILE
SET children_last_updated = '1970-01-01 01:00:00.0'
WHERE TYPE IN ( 'ALBUM', 'DIRECTORY')
AND PATH LIKE '%YOUR CHANGED PATH%'



then do a rescan of the library.

this helped me to recover 2% of missing songs after the upgrade to 6.1.1. Maybe this is easier than moving files back and forth...


Thanks! I run it over all of the folders and got about 6000 songs re-read :)
wendigo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:50 am

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby JamMstrT » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:05 pm

I have been able to work around it by creating a CMD file and an "almost" empty TXT file on my server. The TXT file I named UPDATE.TXT and I rotate it between containing a value of 1 or 2 and saving it to update the modification date on the file. The CMD file then proceeds to copy the TXT file into every directory and sub-directory. With this updated TXT file in place, Subsonic seems to re-scan all of the folders.

After making changes to a tags or Album Art, I now just update the TXT file and then run the CMD file and then re-scan the files in Subsonic.

Contents of CMD:

for /r "d:\Music" %%i in (.) do copy /y "c:\update.txt" "%%i"
Regards,
T

[flash=]If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that shows you tried.[/flash]
JamMstrT
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby jamesbox360 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:16 pm

I noticed this behavior as well. In my case, I was adding album art to mp3 files. I would lose between 50% - 80% of the tracks when the database updated. This started after the update to 6.1 from 6.0.

The solutions mentioned above worked for me.
jamesbox360
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby sindre_mehus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Is someone able to consistently reproduce this problem, and willing to work with me to troubleshoot it?

That would involve giving me temporary admin rights to your Subsonic server so I can look at the state of the database.

Please contact me on sindre@activeobjects.no if you would like to help out :)

Thanks
Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby JamMstrT » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:58 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:Is someone able to consistently reproduce this problem, and willing to work with me to troubleshoot it?

That would involve giving me temporary admin rights to your Subsonic server so I can look at the state of the database.

Please contact me on sindre@activeobjects.no if you would like to help out :)

Thanks
Sindre


I shot you an email on this Sindre. I am willing to work with you to troubleshoot his issue if you are still looking for someone to help.
Regards,
T

[flash=]If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that shows you tried.[/flash]
JamMstrT
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:02 pm

JamMstrT wrote:
sindre_mehus wrote:Is someone able to consistently reproduce this problem, and willing to work with me to troubleshoot it?

That would involve giving me temporary admin rights to your Subsonic server so I can look at the state of the database.

Please contact me on sindre@activeobjects.no if you would like to help out :)

Thanks
Sindre


I shot you an email on this Sindre. I am willing to work with you to troubleshoot his issue if you are still looking for someone to help.


Brilliant, thanks! I replied to your email, did you get it?

Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby JamMstrT » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:48 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:
JamMstrT wrote:
sindre_mehus wrote:Is someone able to consistently reproduce this problem, and willing to work with me to troubleshoot it?

That would involve giving me temporary admin rights to your Subsonic server so I can look at the state of the database.

Please contact me on sindre@activeobjects.no if you would like to help out :)

Thanks
Sindre


I shot you an email on this Sindre. I am willing to work with you to troubleshoot his issue if you are still looking for someone to help.


Brilliant, thanks! I replied to your email, did you get it?


Sindre



Just sent you the information.
Regards,
T

[flash=]If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that shows you tried.[/flash]
JamMstrT
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Next

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests