Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby chuckles » Wed May 31, 2017 2:24 am

An album in my collection had a problem with it's title. I used a tag editor to fix it. I ran a scan of media folders and I went back to see my changes to the album in Subsonic, the title was there but all the tracks were gone. The only way I could get them back was to delete the database and scan a new one.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?
chuckles

Re: Subsonic 6.1 - Losing tracks after editing tags

Postby tmwsiy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:21 am

Subsonic is horrible at handling album name changes and is very frustrating when this happens.

Sometimes:
> I am able to move the renamed folder to somewhere that Subsonic doesn't index.
> Run a scan
> Clean database
> Add renamed album/folder back to correct location
> Scan again

This sometimes fixes the problem.
Other times, I pull my hair out, smash my computer against the wall, curse wildly, delete database, and start from scratch.
tmwsiy

Postby chuckles » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 am

I have found that if I change the date modified of the folder, Subsonic will treat the album as new and it doesn't disappear.
chuckles

Postby mason » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:14 am

I have a similar issue with 6.1.1 see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17158

TL;DR old refreshed albums doesn't get properly updated and won't show up or at least only some tracks. solution is to remove album, scan, clean, readd, scan again... but it's pretty anoying also it's loosing all the stats :/
mason

Postby wendigo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm

mason wrote:I have a similar issue with 6.1.1 see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17158

TL;DR old refreshed albums doesn't get properly updated and won't show up or at least only some tracks. solution is to remove album, scan, clean, readd, scan again... but it's pretty anoying also it's loosing all the stats :/

Simpler solution is to just add/change/remove any file in that subfolder, e.g. renaming cover.jpg to front.jpg.
wendigo

Postby Wolke » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:20 pm

wendigo wrote:
mason wrote:I have a similar issue with 6.1.1 see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17158

Simpler solution is to just add/change/remove any file in that subfolder, e.g. renaming cover.jpg to front.jpg.

Thank you so much! That saved me a lot of work. Last time I had this problem, I completely resetup the server. Your solution works like a charm. :D
Wolke

Return to Announcements