Subsonic 4.7.beta2 released

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Subsonic 4.7.beta2 released

Postby BKKKPewsey » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:08 am

Sent link in pm :)

(No wonder my SS users complain about buffering - me upload speed is really crap :( )
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, Image but some abuse the privilege!

Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music.
BKKKPewsey

Postby lovebags » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:55 am

Very impressed by the new playlist functionality in 4.7, especially playlists appearing on the left hand side frame. However, the checkbox option in 'settings', 'user' that usually says "user is allowed to create and delete playlists" is missing from this version. Without this option, every user has a level of control which I would prefer they didn't have. Did this get removed for a reason or may it return in the final release of 4.7?
lovebags

Postby GJ51 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:22 am

Only the creator or an administrator will be able to edit or delete playlists in 4.7 final.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby lovebags » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 am

That's great news, looking forward to it. That will allow us to give our key users the control over playlist creation and have it easily accessible in the LHS window.
lovebags

Postby philip550c » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 am

sindre_mehus wrote:
BKKKPewsey wrote:
However I do still have the whole SS 4.7 c:/subsonic folder preserved so if you need any files from it I could upload.

Yes, if you could zip the db directory and put it on Dropbox or something, that would be of great help!

Thanks,
Sindre

I have a live server with this same problem, I upgraded from 4.6 and I cannot access top rated anymore, also many of my album covers are no longer displayed. I am running on ubuntu and I can give you access to the server if it helps. Either way I would like to fix the issue because I dont want to recreate all the users and top rated.
philip550c

Postby sindre_mehus » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 am

BKKKPewsey wrote:Sent link in pm :)

Thanks a lot! I was able to reproduce and fix the problem with "Top rated" being so slow :)

Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby diffy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:36 pm

I switched to a much faster server, and after 3 or 4 re-indexings, the nightly 8 hour ones, it seems that 4.7b2 now is able to access all the files that 4.6 could.

The logs have shown no indication of why... The only thing I could say that has happened, is that it has been 4 days since I installed it and it has been crawling every day up towards the number of indexed files as I have on my old server with a 4.6 instance running

And the Android client is now browsing the 4.7b2 server with blazing fast responsiveness.
The improvement from 4.6 is remarkable.
diffy

Postby Bellfazar » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Running into a (new to me) issue.

I'm running the WAR version on a Tomcat 6 server with a portion of my media being loaded off of a network drive. The host computer is a Windows 7 machine. I had to run the Tomcat service as a specific account (as opposed to Local System) to get it to even read media from the network drive, but now that works. The problem I'm running into is in dealing with cover art for media on the network drive. If I click "Change" to add some cover art, I can select and save the art just fine. It shows up in the correct folder on the network drive and if I click to zoom the artwork everything works.

The problem is, whenever a size argument is passed to coverArt.view (whenever an image gets thumbnailed) I get this error:

Code: Select all
Exception: javax.imageio.IIOException
Java version: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_22
Operating system: Windows 7 6.1
Server: Apache Tomcat/6.0.32
Memory: Used 109 of 231 MB
Stack trace: javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't create cache file!
   at javax.imageio.ImageIO.createImageInputStream(Unknown Source)
   at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
   at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.CoverArtController.sendDefault(CoverArtController.java:168)
   at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.CoverArtController.handleRequest(CoverArtController.java:118)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:625)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
   at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
   at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
   at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
   at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
   at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:166)
   at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
   at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
   at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
   at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
   at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:173)
   at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
   at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
   at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
   at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
   at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
   at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
   at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
   at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
   at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
   at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
   at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
   at javax.imageio.stream.FileCacheImageInputStream.(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.spi.InputStreamImageInputStreamSpi.createInputStreamInstance(Unknown Source)
   ... 57 more

I've triple-checked permissions to C:\subsonic and the media that sits on the host machine can generate thumbnails just fine. The account that the Tomcat service is running under on the host has the same name as the account on the network drive.

I can provide more logs if that would be helpful. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also, if I can slip a feature request in here, it would be great if we could restrict the auto-generated lists (Random, Recently Added, Recently Played, etc.) to specific media folders. I have a lot of video being served by Subsonic, but I only want those lists to feature my audio folders.
Bellfazar

Postby sindre_mehus » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:17 am

diffy wrote:I switched to a much faster server, and after 3 or 4 re-indexings, the nightly 8 hour ones, it seems that 4.7b2 now is able to access all the files that 4.6 could.

The logs have shown no indication of why... The only thing I could say that has happened, is that it has been 4 days since I installed it and it has been crawling every day up towards the number of indexed files as I have on my old server with a 4.6 instance running

And the Android client is now browsing the 4.7b2 server with blazing fast responsiveness.

Are the media files located on a network disk or on a local disk?
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby squashed » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Upgraded this morning - looks good - but no album art at all.

The 'Random' pages doesn't display or any of the navigation and 'playing pages' (IE8 XP Pro). Appears to be ok on Firefox from Ubuntu 12 though.

Do I need to change a setting in the browser?
squashed

Postby BKKKPewsey » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:24 pm

squashed wrote:Do I need to change a setting in the browser?

I could say no - just change the browser :wink: Have you tried compatibility mode in IE8?
:mrgreen:

Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music.
BKKKPewsey

Postby GJ51 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:55 pm

I have seen the same problem on IE8. The best solution is to use Chrome. It's a known issue scheduled to be fixed before 4.7 final release.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby diffy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:17 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:
diffy wrote:I switched to a much faster server, and after 3 or 4 re-indexings, the nightly 8 hour ones, it seems that 4.7b2 now is able to access all the files that 4.6 could.

Are the media files located on a network disk or on a local disk?

Ah yes, i guess I could have specified that.
(on the 4.7b2 install)

* Fast disk access enabled
* The files are on a networked drive (gbit/nfs)

Completely indexed (and could find all the files in searches) after 4-5 re-indexes, but not after the first initial indexing.

The old 4.6 server has the files on a local drive, yet is now almost overloaded by the amount of files, queries taking 10-30 seconds to complete. The new 4.7b2 is a shiny lightning.
Last edited by diffy on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
diffy

Postby phazzard » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 pm

I cannot get this to stop scanning files. It scanned the first time for over a week (I have a very large collection but it never took this long before). I let it do it's thing, thinking it would be this way for the first scan. I originally had it set to scan every three days and it would take an hour or so to scan each time. It has started scanning again and again we are getting into the second day and it is not even 10% done with the scan? Is the scanning of files that much slower with this version or do I have another issue I am unaware of. One note, the memory usuage with this version is much better than the last, and I have not had any memory issues with my large collection.

Thanks
phazzard

Postby BKKKPewsey » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:34 pm

To give you a comparison guide my 4.7b2 upgrade took 12 hrs to scan just over 100K files.
All drives local to SS.

:mrgreen:

BKKKPewsey

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements