SubRok for Amarok

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:01 pm

SUBROK FOR AMAROK
SubRok allows you to play songs from a Subsonic server!

INSTRUCTIONS
Open "Configure SubRok" and set your server host, port number, username, password and REST API version!

IMPORTANT
For the backwards compatibility, see http://www.subsonic.org/pages/api.jsp#versions

PLAYLISTS
Tools -> SubRok Playlists (full management available after 1.2.0 REST API version)
To import, select one playlist from the first drop-down box, and click "OK",
otherwise if you click "Delete" the selected playlist will be deleted (if owned by you).
To export a playlist to the Subsonic Server, create a playlist in Amarok and save it, rename the playlist by adding the suffix "SubRok"
For example: [SubRok] - Pop/Rock Music, then select it from the second drop-down box and click "OK".
To get random songs, choose the number of songs and then click "Get Random Songs"

CHANGELOG
Code: Select all
v1.7:
- Added new REST API selection for new Subsonic v5.2.1
- Add leading zero to the track numbers for a correct order in the playlist.

v1.6:
- Added new REST API selection (1.10.2) for new Subsonic v4.9.
- Added a workaround to show the track number (thanks to rsalvador).

v1.5:
- Added new REST API selection (1.9.0) for new Subsonic v4.8.

v1.4:
- Added option to select appropriate REST API version to get a backwards compatibility (http://www.subsonic.org/pages/api.jsp#versions).
- Fixed issue with the non existent avatar showed in infoHTML.

v1.3:
- For password option, display characters as they are entered while editing otherwise display asterisks.

v1.2:
- Added button to test connection paramaters in config dialog.

v1.1:
- Added playlist management. See README file for know how it works.
- Fixed minor bugs.

v1.0:
- First script release.

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=156122

That's all!

If you like this script please leave a comment!
Last edited by m4x1m on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:23 am, edited 10 times in total.
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby daneren2005 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Quick question, does it support subsonic playlists, or just the flat songs?
Developer of DSub for Android
daneren2005
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 am

daneren2005 wrote:Quick question, does it support subsonic playlists, or just the flat songs?


In this first version just the flat songs, but I will try to add more features later on :mrgreen:
SubRok for Amarok by
Max (m4x1m) Headroom
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby iwill » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Just wanted to say that this looks like it has a lot of potential! I'll have to try it out on my Ubuntu multimedia server!
User avatar
iwill
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:38 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:12 pm

New Version - v1.1

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=156122

Code: Select all
v1.1:
- Added playlist management. See README file for know how it works.
- Fixed minor bugs.
SubRok for Amarok by
Max (m4x1m) Headroom
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby kantlivelong » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 pm

I have been looking for something like this for a long time! Thank you sooo much for your efforts!!!

Are there any plans to support the folder structure like the native web ui?
kantlivelong
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 pm

kantlivelong wrote:I have been looking for something like this for a long time! Thank you sooo much for your efforts!!!

Are there any plans to support the folder structure like the native web ui?


Unfortunately the Amarok scripting is quite limited, this is the only way to display the artists, albums and songs. Anyway, if in the future versions of Amarok, extends the API, I will try to keep up.
SubRok for Amarok by
Max (m4x1m) Headroom
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby guisar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks! The plugin works great and makes both subsonic and Amarok WAY more useful. Amarok 2 is finally getting to shine:) One note to those using it, if you haven't already figured this out if you are using a redirection service like ***.subsonic.org then you should leave the port blank in the configuration dialogue as including it will cause a silent failure.


One suggestion for the next version is a "test" option either implicitly or explicitly to verify that the connection and credentials are valid- took me a while to figure out what this issue was as there was not way to see if the script was broken (it wasn't), my config or my credentials were baked. I'd correct myself and send back but haven't looked at yet.
guisar
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm

guisar wrote:Thanks! The plugin works great and makes both subsonic and Amarok WAY more useful. Amarok 2 is finally getting to shine:) One note to those using it, if you haven't already figured this out if you are using a redirection service like ***.subsonic.org then you should leave the port blank in the configuration dialogue as including it will cause a silent failure.


One suggestion for the next version is a "test" option either implicitly or explicitly to verify that the connection and credentials are valid- took me a while to figure out what this issue was as there was not way to see if the script was broken (it wasn't), my config or my credentials were baked. I'd correct myself and send back but haven't looked at yet.


New Version - v1.2

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=156122

Code: Select all
v1.2:
- Added button to test connection paramaters in config dialog.
SubRok for Amarok by
Max (m4x1m) Headroom
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby achmetinternet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Please make sure that the PW is not shown, i.e. use asterisks or dots for it to be hidden.
achmetinternet
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:03 pm

achmetinternet wrote:Please make sure that the PW is not shown, i.e. use asterisks or dots for it to be hidden.


Two ways.
1. Display asterisks instead of the characters actually entered.
2. Display characters as they are entered while editing otherwise display asterisks.

I prefer the second, what do you think? :wink:
SubRok for Amarok by
Max (m4x1m) Headroom
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 am

New Version - v1.3

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=156122

Code: Select all
v1.3:
- For password option, display characters as they are entered while editing otherwise display asterisks.
SubRok for Amarok by
Max (m4x1m) Headroom
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:22 pm

New Version - v1.4

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=156122

Code: Select all
v1.4:
- Added option to select appropriate REST API version to get a backwards compatibility (http://www.subsonic.org/pages/api.jsp#versions).
- Fixed issue with the non existent avatar showed in infoHTML.
SubRok for Amarok by
Max (m4x1m) Headroom
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby xtxer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:24 pm

My sincere thanks for this amarok script! I'm currently listening to my personal music in amarok at my windows work pc which is awesome. I've never even used amarok on windows before today.

Only minor issue is that the track numbers don't appear to be loading properly, within each album the tracks are sorted alphabetically.
xtxer
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:28 am

Re: SubRok for Amarok

Postby m4x1m » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:01 pm

xtxer wrote:My sincere thanks for this amarok script! I'm currently listening to my personal music in amarok at my windows work pc which is awesome. I've never even used amarok on windows before today.


Thanks! :D

xtxer wrote:Only minor issue is that the track numbers don't appear to be loading properly, within each album the tracks are sorted alphabetically.


As you can see from http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Script_API#ScriptableService.StreamItem there is no way to set the track number at the moment, I hope will be implemented in the future. :wink:
SubRok for Amarok by
Max (m4x1m) Headroom
User avatar
m4x1m
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Italy

Next

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests