Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby rumremix » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:24 pm

I'm also curious about the starring feature. On the subsonic sonos page, http://www.subsonic.org/pages/sonos.jsp, under "features" it says "Star Your Favorites". However, I have yet to find any way to do that from within the sonos interface.
Thanks.
rumremix

Postby tmwsiy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:33 am

Adding a remote Subsonic system is great!
Is there anyway to access the setup page again for the service I created?
My IP address changes a fair amount of times every year with Verizon: PIA if I have to keep going through the setup every time without just being able to change the IP.
tmwsiy

Postby Hufsa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:32 pm

I have a small problem with last.fm scrobbling. I've set up both Subsonic and Sonos to scrobble, so when I play tracks from the Subsonic library on my Sonos player, one play is recorded at least twice on last.fm, some times thrice or more (up to five times I've seen).

The reason I use both is because I like the Sonos library browser better, but the playlist handling is nicer in Subsonic. Maybe it's a case of sticking to one library, and scrobble from it; it's just that at least for now I'm more familiar with Sonos.
Hufsa

Postby tmwsiy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Or, regarding my previous question about changing IP addresses, instead of a numerical IP address, can I set up the service to use my Subsonic domain name?
tmwsiy

Postby tmwsiy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:54 am

Another question regarding Sonos:

I have shared my info for another user to remotely use my Subsonic.
He's added the service and can successfully authenticate.
He is able to browse my library but when he selects a song to play: Nothing.
It tries playing for a few seconds, times out and skips to the next song.

I have tested this at another location and it works fine so something is up with this particular user.

What could the issue be? He's updated to the most current Sonos version and same version I am using.
tmwsiy

Postby tmwsiy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Additional info regarding remote Subsonic not playing:

Again: My friend can successfully add the service and browse my library: BUT the songs don't play.

New info: Looking at the Subsonic log when he attempts to play: Nothing is there.

I had him submit a diagnostic to Sonos. As this is not a supported service they were not able to do much trouble shooting.
The tech said he'd talk with someone else and compare my properly working service's diagnostic with the one that was not working.

He then emailed me this: "In comparing the diagnostics, yours to Martin's (not working Subsonic), Martins looks like it can not find the music location."

I don't understand how he can browse the music, folders, playlists, etc but can't "find the music location".

If anyone had any ideas what I could do to troubleshoot, I would be grateful. Thanks.
tmwsiy

Postby isaacq » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 am

rumremix wrote:I'm also curious about the starring feature. On the subsonic sonos page, http://www.subsonic.org/pages/sonos.jsp, under "features" it says "Star Your Favorites". However, I have yet to find any way to do that from within the sonos interface.
Thanks.

I also came to the forum to enquire about this. I'm using the Sonos app for Windows and for Android, and can't find a starring option in either place. Loving the ability to stream straight to my Sonos, btw... Subsonic just keeps getting better and better!
isaacq

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:29 pm

It's a little cumbersome, but for the desktop version of the Sonos Controller select "Info & Options", then "Add Album/Track to My Library".
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby EliteXen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:24 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:It's a little cumbersome, but for the desktop version of the Sonos Controller select "Info & Options", then "Add Album/Track to My Library".

Yes it works, so that is better than nothing thanks.
Are there any plans to make it a little easier to get to similar to the Pandora app where you can like from the main screen?
EliteXen

Postby dougFresh » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:37 am

tmwsiy wrote:Additional info regarding remote Subsonic not playing:

Again: My friend can successfully add the service and browse my library: BUT the songs don't play.

New info: Looking at the Subsonic log when he attempts to play: Nothing is there.

I had him submit a diagnostic to Sonos. As this is not a supported service they were not able to do much trouble shooting.
The tech said he'd talk with someone else and compare my properly working service's diagnostic with the one that was not working.

He then emailed me this: "In comparing the diagnostics, yours to Martin's (not working Subsonic), Martins looks like it can not find the music location."

I don't understand how he can browse the music, folders, playlists, etc but can't "find the music location".

If anyone had any ideas what I could do to troubleshoot, I would be grateful. Thanks.

I am having the same issue: Can browse and see library but not play. Any solution you found?
dougFresh

Postby tmwsiy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:25 pm

No, have posted here with no responses and called Sonos. I still have no idea.
tmwsiy

Postby drewphish » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:47 pm

I am experiencing the same problem. I am able to successfully browse the full library but every file renders an "Unable to play" message when it is clicked on.

Seems like multiple people are having this problem. Any timeline on a possible fix?

Thanks!
drewphish

Postby DoctorSmarty » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi

Please add me to the list of attempted users of the remote subsonic access for sonos. I am able to browse my library from the remote location but when I attempt to play any track or multiple tracks I get about 8 seconds of dead air then an error message about being unable to connect to the server (may not be exact wording). A really frustrating conclusion to a potentially exciting experiment. What can we do to help solve this?

Doctor(not feeling so)Smarty
DoctorSmarty

Postby tmwsiy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Sindre:

Is this the incorrect place to discuss Sonos issues? GIven no responses, I'm thinking perhaps this should be moved to a help thread?
A handful of people I know are having this same exact issue. Would be nice to know if bug, setting or something that can be done to troubleshoot.
Thanks,
tmwsiy

Postby sindre_mehus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:36 pm

I'll be happy to troubleshoot if someone could send me their Subsonic IP and a username/password.

Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements