Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby pdcorcoran » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 am

Installed and ran the beta, and had no problem adding the Subsonic service to Sonos. I've had a few minutes so far to see what it can do, so I have more exploring to do. From those few minutes, I found that I can access Subsonic through my desktop Sonos app and also my iPhone Sonos app, which is a plus. I also immediately the Subsonic service bypasses the Sonos limit of 65,535 tracks, which is huge.

It does not appear that playback in Sonos can be accessed by Subsonic on the desktop. I understand even if that were possible, it would be a while before it could be done on the iphone, since those apps are indepedently produced.

Some things I would like to see:

Able to see a full album list categorized by artist
A Subsonic icon for the list of services in Sonos (right now it's a grey question mark on the iphone and a blue question mark on the desktop) (a very minor point and I know it's very early).
pdcorcoran
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 1:52 am

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby jensk » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi Sindre
I tried this on my Sonos system conssisting of 7 sonos players zp80,zp100, zp120, play3. It works even with my old CR100 controllers - very excellent thank you.

This fine service works when my Sonos is setup on the same network as my subsonic server. Sometimes when I'm avay in the summerhouse or on holliday I would like to bring along my Play 3 and connect it to my subsonic server over the internet. Would this be a possble extention of your Subsonic Sonos service in the future?

I run the subsonic server on my debian/OMV Nas primarily serving music to all the household android phones on the go.
Thank you for keeping extentionning the possibilities with subsonic
/jens
jensk
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:18 am

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby mockingbrd » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Missing folders in the "Browse Library" menu in the Sonos App:

I've noticed that folders which I have assigned as shortcuts in the "Settings --> General" portion of the Subsonic web-interface, DO NOT appear in the "Browse Library" interface on the Sonos controller app.

They do appear however, when I search for them on the Sonos controller. I thought that was odd. Am I missing something? I can provide screenshots if necessary, thanks!

**Sonos controller running on 2013 MotoX // Android KitKat.**
**Subsonic running on Win7 x64**
mockingbrd
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby rene.staempfli » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Great job Sindre.
Just set a Ubuntu 14.04 server VM. I am testing it with a Play1 using iPad, Android S4 (CyanogenMod), Galaxy Tab 10.2 (CyanogenMod), Tab 8.3 (Standard Android, rooted). Works very well on all devices and it is super fast. And best of all it works with my 250'000+ archive. Currently I am testing it with the MP3 archive. I will set up the FLAC Master Archive tomorrow. Question: Can the the flac files streamed directly (without transcodeing) to the Sonos?
Thanks again for the great work, sindre
kind regards
Rene
User avatar
rene.staempfli
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby rene.staempfli » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:51 am

I have now set up a second subsonic server using the FLAC Archive. All is working fine. What I am wondering is how the 2 services are selected by Sonos. I was expecting two services to choose from, but there is only one, which is the last one configured on the subsonic server. It's easy to reproduce. Just disable/enable the Sonos service on one server and you get the current server that is selected by Sonos.

kind regards
Rene
User avatar
rene.staempfli
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby roastingrambler » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:22 am

Sindre,

Partly why I didn't is that I didn't see anything in the log. First off, let me confirm that the relevant log is the one stored under /var/subsonic/db (at least in ubuntu installations). That's the only log I've used in the past. After I noticed the problem, I checked the log and nothing mentioning Sonos or anything that looked related appeared. After I play something using the Sonos integration (once I click save accessing the interface from the local network) something does appear in the logs. It seems to usually follow this pattern:
Code: Select all
INSERT INTO PLAYER VALUES(8,'Sonos','Sonos','admin','192.168.1.114',TRUE,'2015-02-03 17:22:02.035000000','MEDIUM','OFF',TRUE,FALSE,FALSE,'EXTERNAL_WITH_PLAYLIST','sonos')

To confirm the behavior, I deleted the Subsonic server and account from my Sonos system (using my iPhone) and then tried to add it again. Same result. From the external hostname, even from within my network - account cannot be found message. From the same browser window, connecting directly to the internal IP address, clicked save and was able to add the Subsonic account to Sonos immediately. I was watching the logs during this and nothing was added to the logs until I first played something after I successfully added the account.
roastingrambler
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:16 pm

roastingrambler wrote:Sindre,

Partly why I didn't is that I didn't see anything in the log. First off, let me confirm that the relevant log is the one stored under /var/subsonic/db (at least in ubuntu installations). That's the only log I've used in the past. After I noticed the problem, I checked the log and nothing mentioning Sonos or anything that looked related appeared. After I play something using the Sonos integration (once I click save accessing the interface from the local network) something does appear in the logs. It seems to usually follow this pattern:
Code: Select all
INSERT INTO PLAYER VALUES(8,'Sonos','Sonos','admin','192.168.1.114',TRUE,'2015-02-03 17:22:02.035000000','MEDIUM','OFF',TRUE,FALSE,FALSE,'EXTERNAL_WITH_PLAYLIST','sonos')

To confirm the behavior, I deleted the Subsonic server and account from my Sonos system (using my iPhone) and then tried to add it again. Same result. From the external hostname, even from within my network - account cannot be found message. From the same browser window, connecting directly to the internal IP address, clicked save and was able to add the Subsonic account to Sonos immediately. I was watching the logs during this and nothing was added to the logs until I first played something after I successfully added the account.


Sorry for the late reply! This is the correct log file: /var/subsonic/subsonic.log. Please, if you can reproduce the scenario and send med the log file it would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:23 pm

rene.staempfli wrote:I have now set up a second subsonic server using the FLAC Archive. All is working fine. What I am wondering is how the 2 services are selected by Sonos. I was expecting two services to choose from, but there is only one, which is the last one configured on the subsonic server. It's easy to reproduce. Just disable/enable the Sonos service on one server and you get the current server that is selected by Sonos.

kind regards
Rene


Sonos music services are uniquely identified by SID (a number between 240 and 255). Subsonic is currently hard-coded to use 242, but I will consider to make this user-configurable - thus allowing multiple Subsonic instances.
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:25 pm

rene.staempfli wrote:Can the the flac files streamed directly (without transcodeing) to the Sonos?


Currently everything is converted to mp3, but I will change this to allow native streaming of all the formats that Sonos supports.
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:30 pm

jensk wrote:This fine service works when my Sonos is setup on the same network as my subsonic server. Sometimes when I'm avay in the summerhouse or on holliday I would like to bring along my Play 3 and connect it to my subsonic server over the internet. Would this be a possble extention of your Subsonic Sonos service in the future?


I think that would be possibly by a (one-time) manual procedure (registering the Subsonic music service manually on the Play:3). It's not difficult, but requires some documentation. I'll provide a FAQ entry or similar for this later.
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:31 pm

mockingbrd wrote:I've noticed that folders which I have assigned as shortcuts in the "Settings --> General" portion of the Subsonic web-interface, DO NOT appear in the "Browse Library" interface on the Sonos controller app.


Thanks! I'll look into that.
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby cinchel » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:24 am

i just got a Sonos last night and today i noticed this sonos option on my subsonic server. did you push this out automatically? i didn't upgrade or install anything on my server.

i'm not mad. this is pretty great. i spent most of today trying to figure out how to work around Sonos 65K limit and then i came home and noticed the sonos option. perfect!

nothing to add. seems to be working well for me. i noticed that not only are you transcoding FLAC to mp3 but you have it set to 128k. i look forward to being able to stream uncompressed soon. very exciting.

thanks!
cinchel
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby flacflac » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:45 am

Hi Sindre,

thank you for implementing Sonos support.

However, I cannot seem to get it to work properly, as the Sonos controller keeps telling me my password or username are not recognized. This happens with both regular user names as well as my Subsonic admin account.

The log says:
[2/13/15 8:38:24 AM CET] INFO SonosService Found Sonos controllers: [192.168.1.XX]
[2/13/15 8:38:24 AM CET] INFO SonosServiceRegistration Enabling Sonos music service, using Sonos controller IP 192.168.1.XX and Subsonic URL http://192.168.1.XXX:XXXXX/subsonic/ws/Sonos


Setup: Windows 7, Tomcat, WAR-file installation

I have SSL enabled in Tomcat, so my access goes via httpS://192.168.1.XXX:XXXXX/subsonic - could that be missing here as the log does not show use of the httpS address?

Any idea?

Best wishes,
ff :)
flacflac
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby sindre_mehus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:32 pm

cinchel wrote:i just got a Sonos last night and today i noticed this sonos option on my subsonic server. did you push this out automatically? i didn't upgrade or install anything on my server.


Sounds a bit magical :)

Which version and build number of Subsonic are you using? (Available in the "About" page).

Thanks, Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Sonos owners wanted for beta testing

Postby cinchel » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:51 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:
cinchel wrote:i just got a Sonos last night and today i noticed this sonos option on my subsonic server. did you push this out automatically? i didn't upgrade or install anything on my server.


Sounds a bit magical :)

Which version and build number of Subsonic are you using? (Available in the "About" page).

Thanks, Sindre


subsonic 5.1 (build 4323) – January 26, 2015 running on a Macbook Pro (OSX 10.6.x)
cinchel
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RemkoM and 2 guests