Subsonic 4.0 released

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Subsonic 4.0 released

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed May 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Dear Subsonic users,

Subsonic 4.0 is finally ready and released.

Please report any issues in this thread.

Thank you,
Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Links in left table not working

Postby linuxman » Wed May 12, 2010 2:12 pm

I didn't get a chance to post on the beta1 because I just noticed that my links in any of the folders to go to the letter section and to return to the top have quit working even in 4.0 release.

Ok found the issue is in the groove skin as other skins are working correctly. Can you take a look at that skin and see what the issue is?

Ok further checking and groove, groove simple, simplify, denim, pink panther all have the same issue with the links for the alphabet and return to top not working.
User avatar
linuxman
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:53 am

Postby becurious » Wed May 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello and thx for the update!!!

Got a problem since the upgrade I can't change the covers anymore :

java.lang.Exception: Permission denied: /xxx/xxxx/music/xxxx/xxxx - xxxx/cover.jpg
becurious
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed May 12, 2010 4:26 pm

becurious wrote:Hello and thx for the update!!!

Got a problem since the upgrade I can't change the covers anymore :

java.lang.Exception: Permission denied: /xxx/xxxx/music/xxxx/xxxx - xxxx/cover.jpg


Sorry, my fault. I did a last minute change which I didn't test properly. Silly me...

I'll create a bugfix release today or tomorrow, hopefully.
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Links in left table not working

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed May 12, 2010 4:28 pm

linuxman wrote:I didn't get a chance to post on the beta1 because I just noticed that my links in any of the folders to go to the letter section and to return to the top have quit working even in 4.0 release.

Ok found the issue is in the groove skin as other skins are working correctly. Can you take a look at that skin and see what the issue is?

Ok further checking and groove, groove simple, simplify, denim, pink panther all have the same issue with the links for the alphabet and return to top not working.


Will do!
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby SpritHansi » Wed May 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Installed v4.0. When I click a link, it opens in a new frame...? :roll:

EDIT: Runned the installer once, and it's OK now......
Regards
SpritHansi
User avatar
SpritHansi
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:44 am
Location: Norway

Postby rwagter » Wed May 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Can't seem to use the android app anymore. When playing a file an exception is thrown:
error downloading "song" /sdcard/subsonic/music/x/x/x/x/x.mp3.partial(FileNotFoundException)

I can write to the card and did a reinstall already.

Ralph
rwagter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Postby Adam B. » Wed May 12, 2010 8:45 pm

rwagter wrote:Can't seem to use the android app anymore. When playing a file an exception is thrown:
error downloading "song" /sdcard/subsonic/music/x/x/x/x/x.mp3.partial(FileNotFoundException)

I can write to the card and did a reinstall already.

Ralph


Still works great on my Droid. I updated to 4.0 this morning, and played a non-cached song. Try checking your memory card or delete the cache?
Adam B.
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Postby linuxman » Wed May 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Adam B. wrote:
rwagter wrote:Can't seem to use the android app anymore. When playing a file an exception is thrown:
error downloading "song" /sdcard/subsonic/music/x/x/x/x/x.mp3.partial(FileNotFoundException)

I can write to the card and did a reinstall already.

Ralph

Looks like it's trying to resume a partial download and can't find the file so you should be able to clear the cache and if that doesn't work uninstall the app and reinstall it.
User avatar
linuxman
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:53 am

Postby ambulanceonfire » Thu May 13, 2010 12:27 am

Hey guys. First and foremost, THANK YOU. This program is excellent.

Now on to problem town. I was running the previous stable release without any issues. I updated to 4.0 and now i cant trans-code via the built in player.

I'm able to play with the outside player without problems. Ive tried reinstalling, different browsers, different setting, and gone through the trans-code troubleshooting. Where should i go from here?
ambulanceonfire
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:23 am

Postby amiantos » Thu May 13, 2010 3:31 am

ambulanceonfire wrote:Hey guys. First and foremost, THANK YOU. This program is excellent.

Now on to problem town. I was running the previous stable release without any issues. I updated to 4.0 and now i cant trans-code via the built in player.

I'm able to play with the outside player without problems. Ive tried reinstalling, different browsers, different setting, and gone through the trans-code troubleshooting. Where should i go from here?


He's going to fix this. It's a bug.
http://staires.org
amiantos
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:50 am

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu May 13, 2010 8:02 am

I just released 4.0.1, with the following bug fixes:

o Fixed broken cover art download.
o Fixed broken m4a transcoding.
o Fixed broken quick links in artist frame for some new themes.

Please upgrade & sorry for the inconvenience!

Note to self: Don't do last minute changes before releasing, especially after a glass or three of wine :?
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby AmazingLarry » Thu May 13, 2010 2:50 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:I just released 4.0.1, with the following bug fixes:

o Fixed broken cover art download.
o Fixed broken m4a transcoding.
o Fixed broken quick links in artist frame for some new themes.

Please upgrade & sorry for the inconvenience!

Note to self: Don't do last minute changes before releasing, especially after a glass or three of wine :?


Album art downloads work perfectly now, thank you!
AmazingLarry
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:50 pm

Postby supra92 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Sindre -- just wanted to say a big "thank you!" for Subsonic and these updates. I installed 4.0b2 about a week ago (along with upgrading Tomcat5 to Tomcat6, since i run Scientific Linux 5.4, an RHEL variant) and it has been fantastic -- and now 4.0.1 is out :-)

I hope you don't get tired of kudos or appreciative comments from your users - Subsonic is worthy of every accolade it receives!

Cheers,
Supra92
User avatar
supra92
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:17 am
Location: Central Texas

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu May 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks, mate!
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Next

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests