Subsonic 4.4.beta1 released

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

HTTPS on Ubuntu

Postby okeygrak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:33 pm

I installed the new beta in ubuntu, but is there any secondary setup needed to get SSL working? I don't see anything in the settings.

Thanks
okeygrak
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: Subsonic 4.4.beta1 released

Postby neodawg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 am

sindre_mehus wrote:New: Improved search with accented characters (e.g., searching for "bartok" will match "bartók").


I have noticed that this doesn't seem to work in the case of Tiesto

ex: I search for 'tiesto' and I dont get the actual artist of 'DJ Tiësto'

Is it that the 'ë' isnt in the search filter?

4.4 looks good so far. Good Work
Music Collection--
2,890 artists
8,253 albums
103,492 songs
640.11 GB
7,023 hours
neodawg
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Postby SCSI » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 am

First was video support. And then https support yay! :D

Awesome work Sindre!

Edit: Can't seem to get https to work. Should I port forward 442 also? Where is the option for https in 4.4b1?

Thanks!
SCSI
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:36 am

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 am

Sorry for the complete lack of documentation of the https feature. I'll make sure it's ready for the final release but here a quick guide:

Windows:
Simply open the Subsonic Control Panel by clicking on the tray icon. Enable https on your preferred port by enabling the checkbox.

Ubuntu/Debian:
Add "--https-port=4443" to SUBSONIC_ARGS in /etc/default/subsonic

Fedora/RPM:
Add "--https-port=4443" to SUBSONIC_ARGS in /etc/sysconfig/subsonic

Hope this helps!
Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby burjast » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 am

Do we need something else, because I set https and port isn't opened?

I'm running with shell script, and parameter is present in ps output of subsonic:

-Dsubsonic.httpsPort=443

Port is obviously free and logs don't show any error or something related with https.

I'm using latest beta war version.
I just know.
burjast
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:00 am
Location: Slovenia

Postby okeygrak » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:09 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:Sorry for the complete lack of documentation of the https feature. I'll make sure it's ready for the final release but here a quick guide:

Windows:
Simply open the Subsonic Control Panel by clicking on the tray icon. Enable https on your preferred port by enabling the checkbox.

Ubuntu/Debian:
Add "--https-port=4443" to SUBSONIC_ARGS in /etc/default/subsonic

Fedora/RPM:
Add "--https-port=4443" to SUBSONIC_ARGS in /etc/sysconfig/subsonic

Hope this helps!
Sindre


Thanks! That did the trick.
okeygrak
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:56 pm

video error: video not found or access denied

Postby reyrios » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 pm

I am getting the video not found or access denied error on some of my videos. Some play ok. if I turn off transcoding, they play fine on my mac, but poorly (choppy) on the Android device. The videos that play ok, play very well on the android device.

I read that I might have to upgrade my ffmpeg, but I look for information on that and it does not seem like an easy task. Any ideas? I am running on a Mac Mini 10.6.6. intel.
reyrios
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: video error: video not found or access denied

Postby manwithaplan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:14 am

reyrios wrote:I am getting the video not found or access denied error on some of my videos. Some play ok. if I turn off transcoding, they play fine on my mac, but poorly (choppy) on the Android device. The videos that play ok, play very well on the android device.

I read that I might have to upgrade my ffmpeg, but I look for information on that and it does not seem like an easy task. Any ideas? I am running on a Mac Mini 10.6.6. intel.


You and I have VERY similar setups and I'm getting the same problem with transcoding. Not sure if I need to upgrade ffmpeg or how I would even do that. Running SS on a Mac Mini with 4GB ram, and getting stuttering from the Handbrake rips I have in AppleTV2 format, though they do play, just with stuttering. The server itself has plenty of memory allocated to SS and has CPU to spare....not sure what my transcoding issue is, but the symptom is exactly like yours. Anyone know what to do with the Mac as server?
Subsonic 5.2.1 on 2009 Apple XServe w/ Yosemite Server 10.10.5; 96GB RAM. Lots of Music - High Rez, native DSD streaming, and otherwise.
manwithaplan
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Re: video error: video not found or access denied

Postby gotosleep » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:36 pm

I am also using a Mac Mini and get the "access denied" error when trying to watch any of my videos. I'm using the ffmpeg that is bundled with Subsonic.

manwithaplan wrote:
reyrios wrote:I am getting the video not found or access denied error on some of my videos. Some play ok. if I turn off transcoding, they play fine on my mac, but poorly (choppy) on the Android device. The videos that play ok, play very well on the android device.

I read that I might have to upgrade my ffmpeg, but I look for information on that and it does not seem like an easy task. Any ideas? I am running on a Mac Mini 10.6.6. intel.


You and I have VERY similar setups and I'm getting the same problem with transcoding. Not sure if I need to upgrade ffmpeg or how I would even do that. Running SS on a Mac Mini with 4GB ram, and getting stuttering from the Handbrake rips I have in AppleTV2 format, though they do play, just with stuttering. The server itself has plenty of memory allocated to SS and has CPU to spare....not sure what my transcoding issue is, but the symptom is exactly like yours. Anyone know what to do with the Mac as server?
gotosleep
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Postby Concept211 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Ever since the upgrade it seems the Random Playlist feature is no longer working. It simply clears the current playlist and does nothing. Is anyone else having the same problem?
User avatar
Concept211
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Postby chris.h » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:34 am

upgrading to 4.4b1 from 4.3 caused my subsonic server to keep timing out even when attempting to access it on the local network. Downgrading to 4.3 fixed it, however.

Other webUI's on the computer functioned normally.
chris.h
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:52 am

Postby GJ51 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:44 pm

I've noticed this in previous versions, but also in the 4.4 beta1. when I change the theme, only random sections change until I stop/restart the server. Most common is for everything to convert to the new theme except for the left column. I just changed now and everything is in the new theme except for the top menu bar and the right column chat window.

EDIT: After a few logout/logins, everything is displaying properly, but there is some time before every section catches up to the new theme.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
User avatar
GJ51
 
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:58 pm
Location: Western New York

Postby tazman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:37 am

GJ51 wrote:I've noticed this in previous versions, but also in the 4.4 beta1. when I change the theme, only random sections change until I stop/restart the server. Most common is for everything to convert to the new theme except for the left column. I just changed now and everything is in the new theme except for the top menu bar and the right column chat window.

EDIT: After a few logout/logins, everything is displaying properly, but there is some time before every section catches up to the new theme.


its just your browser cache delete it and it will update your changes straight away
tazman
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 am

Postby GJ51 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:18 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
User avatar
GJ51
 
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:58 pm
Location: Western New York

Postby kapz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:32 pm

reyrios, manwithaplan, gotosleep, and others...

I have the latest ffmpeg v0.6.1 compiled for Linux in my Subsoniuc unRaid tutorial (download transcode.zip). That might help on a Mac since it's unix based, but I can't test for you nor claim to know much about Macs.

I was also having the same issue with access denied on some mp4 files. It had to do with multi-channel audio. I decided to not down-sample the audio with ffmpeg and this made all my files playable. I use the following in my mp4 > flv transcode string...

Code: Select all
ffmpeg -v 0 -ss %o -async 1 -i %s -f flv -b %bk -s %wx%h -acodec copy -
Paid Subsonic user
----
Love my unRaid (~9.5TB): [url=http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2031.msg40351#msg40351]Pictures Here (Reply #82)[/url]
User avatar
kapz
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests