Subsonic broken in Google Chrome

General discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Subsonic broken in Google Chrome

Postby 45rpm » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Subsonic Version 6.1.3. Problem seems to only happen in Chrome. Song will stop after halfway point usually near the end of the song and will not advance to next song. Terribly frustrating. Works fine in Firefox (which I don't normally use). Buffers much quicker in FF as well - songs seem to start instantaneously after the previous one stops. Buffering in Chrome takes forever! Not using AV or firewall. Any ideas?
45rpm

Re: Subsonic broken in Google Chrome

Postby toolman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:29 pm

Could be a plug-in in Chrome that's interfering.
I use Chrome and have no issue playing music.
toolman

Postby kayzlot1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:44 am

Try this

If your video streams are not working in Chrome, open a new tab and type "chrome://flags" in the URL bar. Find "Hardware-accelerated video decode" and select DISABLE. Restart Chrome.
kayzlot1

Postby audiosteve » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 am

I have the same problem. In Chrome browser on my Chromne book the playlist will not advance to the next song.
When casting from DSub on my android phione I have the same problem,
When playing songs (without casting) in Dsub from my Android 7.0 phne ut works fine.

This is in the Subonic log correlared with the failures.:
[2/27/18 8:30:51 PM MST] WARN RESTFilter Error in REST API: EofException
[2/27/18 8:30:51 PM MST] ERROR JAXBWriter Failed to marshal JAXB
[2/27/18 8:30:51 PM MST] ERROR RESTFilter Failed to write error response.
audiosteve

Postby pierc244 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:07 pm

I am also having the same issue in google chrome. Songs stop at the end with maybe 1 second left and will not play the next song.

I tested internet explorer and Firefox and am not having this issue in those browsers. It is not the google chrome extensions because I disabled all of them and it is still happening.
pierc244

Postby pierc244 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:07 pm

I am also having the same issue in google chrome. Songs stop at the end with maybe 1 second left and will not play the next song.

I tested internet explorer and Firefox and am not having this issue in those browsers. It is not the google chrome extensions because I disabled all of them and it is still happening.
pierc244

Postby audiosteve » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:17 pm

It seems to be a more general Google/Chrome thing ... but what? It's not just a Chrome browser issue.

I have the same issue when Chromecasting from a DSub Subsonic client to either a Chromecast audio or video dongle.
And the problem is not in DSub. This development is recent and I've been running the same rev of DSub for quite a while.

Anybody? Somebody out there is smart enough to sort this out. Please ?
audiosteve

Postby acroyear » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:41 pm

I wish there was something I could say about consistency on it. I don't use the standard web client enough to get it to happen to me, but my own SubFire has had that problem in Chrome Desktop, where it just stops at the last second. Seems something is not handling the EOF correctly? I get it about once every 10-20 songs or so, never anything consistent. A little more rare to happen in Chrome for Android, but it has happened.
--
Joe Shelby
http://subfiresuite.com/
http://subfireplayer.net/
acroyear

Postby ocknoz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks for the helpful posts :) I'm having the same issue (Chrome won't continue with next song) but using Firefox works.
ocknoz

Postby audiosteve » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:22 am

If you force your MP3 files to be transcoded then the song advance problem will go way. But it will add some delay between songs.
Just add mp3 to the list of files to be transcoded in the Settings | Transcode page

It sure would be nice to find a real solution to this problem.
audiosteve

Return to General