Adding albums with various artists

General discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Adding albums with various artists

Postby midydk » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:56 am

Hi all, new to subsonic here.
I've structured my musiclibrary as follows:
Artist -> Album Name -> .MP3 files
Works fine, but I do have an issue when adding albums with various artists, like so:
Various Artists -> Absolute Music 12 -> .MP3 Files.
The issue is that in the iOS app (Supersonic) it lists the "regular" albums fine, but all .MP3 files from the various artists albums are not organized according to albums. Any idea on how to correct this?
midydk

Re: Adding albums with various artists

Postby J_T_W » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:48 pm

Although I'm not familiar with the app you're referencing (can't find it in the iOS App Store), most Subsonic API apps sort/display based on the ID3v2 metadata tags, and not the physical folder structure. You might play around with the app's settings to see how it is displaying data.
J_T_W

Re: Adding albums with various artists

Postby dhsmith77 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:49 pm

I have the same issue regarding being able to search and display songs by album when the album is a compilation of songs by various artists. My files all have an album tag and you would think there would be a way to search and list albums just like you do artists and playlists.

To me a compilation album is really just another playlist but it is impossible to get a list of the songs in a compilation album... my fix has been to create playlists for all my compilation albums but that seems to me to be needless extra work... if I have an album name attatched to a bunch of songs by different artists, subsonic should be able to let me play that album just like any album that has all the songs by the same artist.

Am I being dense? is there a trick I don't know? any help would be appreciated
dhsmith77

Return to General