Setting up different directories (symbolic links)

General discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Setting up different directories (symbolic links)

Postby flipjargendy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:55 am

I have everything setup and it works great. I've created a couple of users on the server (On the Linux server. Not in Subsonic, yet) and have created a folder for called `music` in each of their home directories. My brother and a friend can upload music to their own directories and not have to get root access. In the actual music directory that Subsonic uses, I've created a couple of symbolic links (`ln -s /home/myUser/music`) to the music directories of my new users.

I've uploaded one album as a test. Subsonic found the album just fine and I can play it. The problem is that instead of the artist showing up in the list on the left side of the screen (screenshot), the name of the symbolic link does. The symbolic link is called `music`. Is there a setting I can change so that Subsonic orders that list by the artist found in the MP3 tags rather than the folder name? It seems like that is what should be done by default. Thanks for your help. If I get this going, I'll create a tutorial and post it. Right now, I'm using GigaPros Subsonic hosting plan to try things out. I'm using Subsonic version 5.2.1 (build 4428).

This is my first day using Subsonic. Sorry if I left anything important out. Let me know if more info is needed.
flipjargendy

Re: Setting up different directories (symbolic links)

Postby flipjargendy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:26 am

Just to be clear, my directory structure is like this... music/album_name/song.mp3
flipjargendy

Return to General