Subsonic 6.1.6 with New Artist Image Source

General discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Subsonic 6.1.6 with New Artist Image Source

Postby bupkis » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Well, I suppose the forum is now so moribund that nobody has even noticed that a new update to Subsonic got pushed out yesterday.

I haven't upgraded but apparently it uses fanart.tv for artist images (since last.fm cut off free access to their API, I gather). Can anyone report on this? Is it only the artist images that it gets from fanart.tv, or does it also get album covers? So, when you add a cover, does it still search last.fm for them?
bupkis

Re: Subsonic 6.1.6 with New Artist Image Source

Postby CasN » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:40 am

it still searches lastfm :mrgreen:
CasN

Postby pemholder » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:25 am

CasN wrote:it still searches lastfm :mrgreen:

I think that fantv has far less artist-images than last.fm.
So I am in doubt to update to the newest version because already cached last.fm-images still work here.
Does anyone know whether subsonic still reads existing last.fm-images too?

I fear with updating I get images for new added artists again but loose a lot of existing images.
pemholder

Postby Immanuel » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 am

pemholder wrote:
CasN wrote:it still searches lastfm :mrgreen:

I think that fantv has far less artist-images than last.fm.
So I am in doubt to update to the newest version because already cached last.fm-images still work here.
Does anyone know whether subsonic still reads existing last.fm-images too?

I fear with updating I get images for new added artists again but loose a lot of existing images.

You wont loose any of thr existing lastfm artist covers. I checked it.
But fanarttv has a much smaler database, and in my eyes the whole homepage is bullshit.
I would say that for more than the half of my artists it has no image.
Immanuel

Postby gwynhfar » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 pm

All last.fm look like the above star, because last.fm stopped artist image service for third parties (like subsonic).

The new version 6.1.6 should not use last.fm for new artist images but look for another source. But here is my problem, I have to clean up all the 'stars' I got from last.fm, wich is always the same URL https://lastfm-img2.akamaized.net/i/u/300x300/2a96cbd8b46e442fc41c2b86b821562f.png.

How could I get rid of the stars and let subsonic start searching for new artist images?

Thank you in advance!
gwynhfar

Postby gwynhfar » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:35 pm

I might have found an answer to my question, here is what I did:

In subsonic map I found the lastfm2cache map, I opened the map and cut all of the files and pasted them in a backup map (lastfm2cache-backup).

So now I had an empty lastfm2cache map, I stopped the subsonic server and restarted it.

I seems artist art (for most common artists) is now being downloaded from fanart.tv.

For example https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/e9dfc148-d5f6-425e-b80b-f99ed2bd7c09/artistbackground/god-is-an-astronaut-50215d8db8e8c.jpeg

All the old artist images are now gone (back-upped) and are being replaced by new artist images, this was not the case when I used the old lastfm2cache mapping, because the image with the star (the default image) was overriding any new artist image.

I hope this was helpfull :D
gwynhfar

Return to General