[Android] Yellow/Green star

General discussions.

Moderator: moderators

[Android] Yellow/Green star

Postby Freddan101 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:23 am

I've noticed that when a song is cached during playback on the phone it gets a yellow star next to its song title. When it's manually downloaded it gets a green star.

Is the cached song (in yellow) saved in the bitrate chosen in the app and the green one saved in full version or what is the difference?
Last edited by Freddan101 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freddan101
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 am

Postby SirSid » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 am

I was wondering this myself

(bump)
SirSid
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:05 am

Postby WPWoodJr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:45 am

I was wondering if tracks marked with the green star are not removed from the cache automatically when space is needed?
WPWoodJr
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 am

Postby JMilesT » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:39 am

Tracks with the green star will not be removed automatically.
JMilesT
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:54 am

Postby Freddan101 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

Is there a way to list which songs that have been cached and which that have been downloaded?

I also wonder if the "yellow songs" are cached with the quality of what has been set as the "Max bitrate" setting and the ones you download have the full quality?
Freddan101
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 am

Postby WPWoodJr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Freddan101 wrote:Is there a way to list which songs that have been cached and which that have been downloaded?

I also wonder if the "yellow songs" are cached with the quality of what has been set as the "Max bitrate" setting and the ones you download have the full quality?


They are both downloaded with the same quality AFAIK.

I haven't found a way to list just the green or just the yellow songs.
WPWoodJr
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 am

Postby wizardai » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 am

I haven't seen where to select "download song" on the android app. Could one of you point it out to me please?

Thanks!
wizardai
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:14 am

Postby WPWoodJr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:25 am

There are several ways that I've found. It's a bit inconsistent.

The first way, in the music library view you can press and hold a folder to get the options to Play All, Queue All, or Save All.

In the music library tracks view or within a playlist you can select one or more tracks, then scroll to the bottom of the list of tracks and select Save on phone or Delete from phone.

In the Search view, you can press and hold a folder or track to Play it, Queue it, or Save it.

For some reason you cannot press and hold a playlist name to queue it or save it, only to play it. However you can go into the playlist and do those things (similar to the tracks view).
WPWoodJr
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 am

Postby Freddan101 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:38 am

WPWoodJr wrote:
Freddan101 wrote:Is there a way to list which songs that have been cached and which that have been downloaded?

I also wonder if the "yellow songs" are cached with the quality of what has been set as the "Max bitrate" setting and the ones you download have the full quality?


They are both downloaded with the same quality AFAIK.

I haven't found a way to list just the green or just the yellow songs.


Is the quality when caching/downloading based on the bitrate setting for 3G/Wifi in the Android app, i.e. is the song transcoded to the bitrate set for 3G/Wifi?
Freddan101
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 am

Postby WPWoodJr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:44 pm

There's also a bitrate setting in Settings...Player on the server. I don't know how they interact. I haven't limited my bitrates since the caching allows Subsonic to pre-load my tracks to cache at full bit rate.
WPWoodJr
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 am

Postby wizardai » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Thanks!


WPWoodJr wrote:There are several ways that I've found. It's a bit inconsistent.

The first way, in the music library view you can press and hold a folder to get the options to Play All, Queue All, or Save All.

In the music library tracks view or within a playlist you can select one or more tracks, then scroll to the bottom of the list of tracks and select Save on phone or Delete from phone.

In the Search view, you can press and hold a folder or track to Play it, Queue it, or Save it.

For some reason you cannot press and hold a playlist name to queue it or save it, only to play it. However you can go into the playlist and do those things (similar to the tracks view).
wizardai
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:14 am

Postby Freddan101 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 am

Freddan101 wrote:
WPWoodJr wrote:
Freddan101 wrote:Is there a way to list which songs that have been cached and which that have been downloaded?

I also wonder if the "yellow songs" are cached with the quality of what has been set as the "Max bitrate" setting and the ones you download have the full quality?


They are both downloaded with the same quality AFAIK.

I haven't found a way to list just the green or just the yellow songs.


Is the quality when caching/downloading based on the bitrate setting for 3G/Wifi in the Android app, i.e. is the song transcoded to the bitrate set for 3G/Wifi?
Anybody that knows?
Freddan101
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 am


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests