How to install Subsonic on UnRaid

Tutorials, tips and tricks.

Moderator: moderators

How to install Subsonic on UnRaid

Postby bushman4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:50 pm

Edit: Complete re-do, since I couldn't have been more wrong. The original post got it working, but with no access to any media shares, and broken internal name resolution...

I'm setting up an UnRaid server, and wanted to run the latest Subsonic in a docker container. The Hydria Subsonic showed up in the App Store, but didn't work by default. The directions on the Docker Hub page didn't work either, so after some troubleshooting, I got it working myself. I figured I'd document it in case anyone else wanted to try.

Source Docker:
https://hub.docker.com/r/hydria/subsonic/

Open a console prompt and run the following two commands (you might have to modify the time zone variable):
Code: Select all
sudo docker run --name subsonic_data -v /data/music:/var/music hydria/subsonic:latest /bin/true

sudo docker run -d -t -i --publish 4040:4040 --name="subsonic" --net='host' --volumes-from subsonic_data -v '/mnt/user/Music/':'/var//media//music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Videos/':'/var//media//videos':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Books/':'/var//media//books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Christmas/':'/var//media//christmas':'rw' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e SUBSONIC_HOST="<UNRAID SERVER IP ADDRESS>" hydria/subsonic:latest

I had to go into the console of the docker container and create the "/var/media" directory, and of course, your shares on unraid might be named differently... as you can see, mine are named Music, Videos, Christmas, and Books. Case matters BTW...

The last bit about "SUBSONIC_HOST" is what tells Subonic what IP address to register for in-network resolution of your custom Subsonic.org address... leaving that out will result in internal clients trying to access the server via a 172.x.x.x address instead of the proper internal address.

Subsonic will now be available at http://IP_Of_UnRaid_Server:4040

Hope this helps someone.

Glenn
Last edited by bushman4 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I was so funcking wrong with the first post.
Glenn Sullivan
Subsonic 6.1.6 (Unraid Docker)
90 regular Subsonic Users

Library as of 2021-09-23:
4,120 artists
16,235 albums
201,172 songs
5525.59 GB
26,799 hours
bushman4

Return to Tutorials