I wanted to make subsonic users aware of a project to produce a Windows subsonic client, the client that myself and a fellow .NET developer have created is built using .NET 4 and WPF.
The SubWiji as it is called runs on a top-of-the-screen bar, the screenshots below show what we have created.
SubWiji is completely free to use!
Get SubWiji now...
This link is a ClickOnce link which will install the application (best installed from the link using IE), when the SubWiji is closed and re-opened it will check for updates (updates will be auto detected whilst running).
If you enjoy using SubWiji you can now donate!
Please note the Transcoder recommendation below, this is highly recommended as the SubWiji is by design an mp3 streamer so works with best results when this extra Transcoder is added.
--> Installer Link - https://www.paulodell.co.uk
PLEASE RUN the Application file when downloaded.
--> Transcoder Addition (subsonic setting) for SubWiji:
- > ConvertFrom = mp3
- > ConvertTo = mp3
- > Step1 =
- Code: Select all
ffmpeg -f mp3 -i %s -ab %bk -v 0 -f mp3 -
Any feedback is welcome on this forum but also please email Questions, Bugs, Ideas to SubWiji@me.com
Below is a list of some of the screens and functionality:
- Dock the SubWiji bar to Top or Bottom of screen
- Optional auto-hide function
- Connect using IP, URL or subsonic.org URL (HTTP and HTTPS)
- Supports automatic proxy detection when connected
- Playlist Load/Add New/Save
- Selected Playlist management (add/remove songs, and add whole albums)
- Random, Repeat 1/All playback
- Keyboard shortcuts (Alt+P= play/pause, Alt < previous track, Alt > next track, Alt - volume down, Alt + volume up)
- Play, Pause, Previous, Next buttons
- Now Playing Popup (bottom right corner of screen) with quick previous and next buttons and rate track
- Song preview will play the track selected without interfering with the loaded playlist (current playlist track is paused)
- Album grid viewer, showing a grids of Random, Recently Added, Recently Played, Highest Rated, Most Played albums, including a link from each album to its corresponding track list and related albums from the same artist.
- Volume Control
- Search function which shows an album results grid or the tracks found.
- Equaliser display along with track playback position (time)
- Last.FM scrobbling
Please see the screenshots attached and any feedback is welcome...