HTTP ERROR: 503

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Re: HTTP ERROR: 503

Postby donpearson » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:When you get HTTP ERROR 503, please check the log file c:/program files/subsonic/logs/subsonic-service.log for details.

Not sure why the database get corrupt. Did it happen the very first time you started 4.7?

Regards,
Sindre

I was running beta1 first and it was not right then.
But I just can't run beta2 at all.

The one thing I did notice that my music was not being listed right

My folders are listed as this: Ministry Of Sound\Ministry Of Sound - 80's groove (2010)\Ministry Of Sound - 80's groove (2010) CD1

as you know subsonic dose not show the Ministry Of Sound - part (\Ministry Of Sound - 80's groove (2010)\)

But it seem to start to show it????
If you don't understand me I'll give you access to my server to better explain it.
Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/subsonic.group/

donpearson

Postby pir8radio » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:04 am

I just got this error after changing my podcast directory from c:\music\podcast to G:\Temp Podcasts

any ideas how to fix?
pir8radio

Postby GJ51 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:11 am

I haven't played around with the podcast feature in a while, but I think the directory may need to be a subdirectory in one of the defined media folders. Worth a try anyway.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby pir8radio » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:21 am

Sorry i posted to the forum too fast again without trying to fix it myself... I ended up going in the script file and removing all the references of my podcasts... they all pointed to the old C:\XXXXXX
pir8radio

Postby jonnymnemo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:00 pm

donpearson wrote:I worked out whats broken on it, seems to be the db that's totally had it...
So it looks like it's time to give up and start again from the beginning....
That sucks big time!!!
Going to take for ever to add all the users again :cry:
All the data lost... gutted...

You can recover the users easily, even if the subsonic db is crashed.
Have a look in the tutorial section ! :wink:
jonnymnemo

Postby madhusker » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 am

I've been running 4.7 since the release with no problems however today I get this same error. Nothing seems to fix it except renaming the DB folder which loses all the settings. Something is corrupting the database I think. First time this has ever happened in the last 12 months of using subsonic.

-MH
madhusker

Postby hakko » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10338

HSQLDB gives convenience over functionality and stability, which is why I run PostgreSQL for my Subsonic. A database shouldn't work "most of the time", it's supposed to be 100% reliable.
MusicCabinet developer
hakko

Postby madhusker » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Great post on the fix!!!

I was lucky enough to be a Crashplan subscriber so I just 'mv /var/subsonic /var/subsonic.old', and then restored that directory from 2 days earlier. There weren't any changes since then (except the corruption) so no problem. Fixed in 2 minutes.

The interesting thing is that I also have a server running on /var/subsonic2 (select list for the kids since there are no profiles yet) which uses its own database. That one was corrupt at the same time which tells me something weird is happening and it wasn't by chance.

-MH
madhusker

Previous

Return to Help