Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby Jägs » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:36 pm

I upgraded from 5.2.1 to 6.0.beta1, and I think it looks great. It would be nice if you could view playlists by list, instead of the album art collage, and it would be nice if there would be a way to access music by folders, like you could via the old sidebar, but other than that, I do not miss the old left-hand sidebar as much as others.

That said, the reason I was on 5.2.1, and not 5.3, was that external playlists were broken in the latter version, as reported here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16084

That same behavior is in 6.0b1, so, unfortunately, I've had to roll back to 5.2.1. Hopefully this is fixed in the next beta.
Jägs
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby sindre_mehus » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Jägs wrote:I upgraded from 5.2.1 to 6.0.beta1, and I think it looks great. It would be nice if you could view playlists by list, instead of the album art collage, and it would be nice if there would be a way to access music by folders, like you could via the old sidebar, but other than that, I do not miss the old left-hand sidebar as much as others.

That said, the reason I was on 5.2.1, and not 5.3, was that external playlists were broken in the latter version, as reported here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16084

That same behavior is in 6.0b1, so, unfortunately, I've had to roll back to 5.2.1. Hopefully this is fixed in the next beta.


Thanks for your feedback! I'm adding list view for playlists, podcasts and the "starred" page in the final version.

And I'll look into the external player issue.

Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby Trufax » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:09 pm

I realy like the new Interface GOOD job on this one!

But iam experiencing problems when i want to scoll songs. Maninly WAV fils which are trancoded on the fly. No problems with the same files on 5.3

Also some weird early endings by songs for example song is 4 mins subsonic ends at 2 or something like that. This all applies mainly to WAV, FLAC files which are working without any problems on 5.3.
Trufax
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby ebasta » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:44 pm

Trufax wrote:I realy like the new Interface GOOD job on this one!

But iam experiencing problems when i want to scoll songs. Maninly WAV fils which are trancoded on the fly. No problems with the same files on 5.3

Also some weird early endings by songs for example song is 4 mins subsonic ends at 2 or something like that. This all applies mainly to WAV, FLAC files which are working without any problems on 5.3.


I am having strange issues as well. Some songs will transcode and will advance in time on the seek bar but with no audio. And some songs seem to have a few seconds delay before playing.
ebasta
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby Jägs » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:47 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:
Thanks for your feedback! I'm adding list view for playlists, podcasts and the "starred" page in the final version.

And I'll look into the external player issue.

Sindre


Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to beta 2!
Jägs
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby Sampsonight » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:26 am

Great job on the newest beta! I've been wanting an HTML player for awhile and was actual working on a JS/Jquery site that would provide this. However now that this has been delivered there is no need :).
Also very glad that you added auth by tokens as I was a little wary of using the username/pass (even though it was encoded by md5) in an external app.

I appreciate the continued updates and look forward to the stable release!
Sampsonight
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:53 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby zeroday » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:07 am

I am one of the silent users and using subsonic for some years now
I use subsonic on a virtual VM machine where I have debian image dedicated to it.
one of the most irritating things is that the GUI is super slow .. and causing me to look to alternatives but they, sorry koel, sonerezh, ampache do not work or lack the correct user experience

Do I have a lot of music?
5,880 artists
14,675 albums
114,817 songs
2176.83 GB
13,036 hours

Dunno but it caused Subsonic to be severe loaded I think

With the new subsonic 6.0 beta 1 I am relieved, the GUI is quick and gives me access to all my files as expected. So for me a thumbs up ..
The left pane . mwah .. I can live with the index where it is now and can go to all my songs ..

So keep up the good work !

Dennis
zeroday
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:56 am

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby Jägs » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:37 pm

zeroday wrote:I am one of the silent users and using subsonic for some years now
I use subsonic on a virtual VM machine where I have debian image dedicated to it.
one of the most irritating things is that the GUI is super slow .. and causing me to look to alternatives but they, sorry koel, sonerezh, ampache do not work or lack the correct user experience

Do I have a lot of music?
5,880 artists
14,675 albums
114,817 songs
2176.83 GB
13,036 hours

Dunno but it caused Subsonic to be severe loaded I think

With the new subsonic 6.0 beta 1 I am relieved, the GUI is quick and gives me access to all my files as expected. So for me a thumbs up ..
The left pane . mwah .. I can live with the index where it is now and can go to all my songs ..

So keep up the good work !

Dennis


I have about the same sized library--about a 1,000 songs fewer than yours--and the only time I've experienced sluggishness is when loading large playlists (500+ songs), but even then, it's only a matter of a few seconds. I would suspect, then, that it has more to do with the VM--or resources you've allocated to the VM--than a Subsonic's performance.
Jägs
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby jayw654 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Okay this is suppose to be HTML5 but no Opus support, really? C'mon please get opus working properly at max bitrate of 512kbps, Thanks!
jayw654
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:36 am

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby eptesicus » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:15 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:Can you please try the following:
1. In the play queue, click "Settings" and make sure the "Web player" option is selected.
2. In "Settings > Transcoding", make sure the "mp3 audio" transcoding looks like this:
Code: Select all
ffmpeg -i %s -map 0:0 -b:a %bk -v 0 -f mp3 -


If it still doesn't work, please let me know which browser you are using.

Thanks


Thanks, Sindre. It looks like my settings are correct, but must be an issue when using Chromium. I tried in Chrome and IE without issues, but the problem lies within Chromium. I wonder what the player uses in Chrome that is disabled in Chromium...
eptesicus
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby nildin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:23 pm

eptesicus wrote:Thanks, Sindre. It looks like my settings are correct, but must be an issue when using Chromium. I tried in Chrome and IE without issues, but the problem lies within Chromium. I wonder what the player uses in Chrome that is disabled in Chromium...


I'm not sure how it is today, but I know that in the past the packages of Chromium(especially in linux) only had Vorbis and Theora codec support build in. Maybe thats something you can investigate.
nildin
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby prutser » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi all, everything works as expected. Two things I'm missing:
1) ABC index on the left, but I read that it will be a user option in a menu - great!
2) Cover art using Google, it looks now that it's "last.fm" only. Lots of local bands are not known there ... (Google shutted off their API???)

Thanks for keeping Subsonic up to date Sindre!
prutser
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby eptesicus » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:54 am

nildin wrote:
eptesicus wrote:Thanks, Sindre. It looks like my settings are correct, but must be an issue when using Chromium. I tried in Chrome and IE without issues, but the problem lies within Chromium. I wonder what the player uses in Chrome that is disabled in Chromium...


I'm not sure how it is today, but I know that in the past the packages of Chromium(especially in linux) only had Vorbis and Theora codec support build in. Maybe thats something you can investigate.


If this is the case, then FLAC wouldn't have worked at all in previous versions, right? The FLAC audio plays correctly, it's just the time reading and the progress bar that doesn't work properly. Would that occur from what you've said?
eptesicus
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby mynameisfiber » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:02 am

This seems really great! I like the new UI (although I wish I could have better breadcrumbs when navigating deep in directory structures instead of having to click on the 'index' tab to go back).

That being said, transcoding is the killer feature for subsonic. Maybe a compromise where the file gets transcoded to disk for the full feature set but you can also chose to stream the incomplete version with a smaller feature set? Also, how does plex deal with the same issues? It seems that are able to do live transcoding.
mynameisfiber
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Subsonic 6.0.beta1 released

Postby nildin » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:12 am

eptesicus wrote:
If this is the case, then FLAC wouldn't have worked at all in previous versions, right? The FLAC audio plays correctly, it's just the time reading and the progress bar that doesn't work properly. Would that occur from what you've said?


Well I'm no expert but it guess it was because it used the flash player. I just googled a bit and found this ticket https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... l?id=93887 and it seems that direct flac support is not build into Chromium yet.

Edit: On the other hand the flac should be transcoded to mp3 by subsonic, maybe that stuff is not relavant at all :/
nildin
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests