Subsonic see only 1/3 of the media library

General discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Subsonic see only 1/3 of the media library

Postby gogogo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:41 am

Hello I run subsonic on a raspberry with the media folder in NFS from a nas.. it was working well for many month but now
I realized that don't show all the library.. when I perform a new scan .. the result is only 1/3 of the complete library.

The nfs permissions are correct, from the terminal the raspberry correctly show all the files that I don't see in subsonic.. also I have done on all the library a chomod -R 777 and also verified a user and group ownership with a big chown to be sure.

I see logs like this
Code: Select all
[7/21/19 10:39:13 PM UTC]   ERROR   RESTFilter   Failed to write error response.
[7/21/19 11:52:00 PM UTC]   WARN   RESTFilter   Error in REST API: /media/multimedia/o3765977.jpg (No such file or directory)
[7/22/19 2:13:51 AM UTC]   WARN   RESTFilter   Error in REST API: NullPointerException
[7/22/19 11:27:44 AM UTC]   ERROR   MediaScannerService   Failed to scan media library.
[7/22/19 11:27:45 AM UTC]   INFO   PlaylistService   Starting playlist import.
[7/22/19 11:27:45 AM UTC]   INFO   PlaylistService   Completed playlist import.

What I can do?

Thank you.
gogogo

Re: Subsonic see only 1/3 of the media library

Postby mbro » Thu May 21, 2020 9:57 pm

I have a similar concern... Was running Subsonic on a Linux desktop (Debain) NFS mount to a freenas server locally. My issue is slightly different in that Subsonic indexes all my music successfully, but over time it seems to "forget" about a few songs. Example: an album has 18 songs, and all 18 were there and present, but I go look right now and it shows tracks 1-10, 18. What happened to 11-17? I look on the file system, and they are present, and there are no rights differences. So they were in the library and subsonic's database, but Subsonic has seemingly forgot about them. Subsequent media scans doesn't show them, tried disabling "fast access" mode, tried cleaning up the database. No difference. If I delete the database entirely and re-index the entire library fresh, those files will be present.

Seems to be something with the Subsonic database. Anyone else experienced something like that?

Marlen.
mbro

Re: Subsonic see only 1/3 of the media library

Postby gogogo » Fri May 22, 2020 3:13 pm

The most aggressive and fast solution is trying to delete the db and create a new one
gogogo

Return to General