Lastfm Service Issue

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Lastfm Service Issue

Postby codyshive » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:42 pm

Hi. First, let me tell you how much I really love subsonic. It's great, and I'm a premium subscriber now.

If this is not the correct place to post defects, please redirect me or this posting.

I'm seeing a null pointer exception occurring for several of the albums I've ripped and added to my library. I use MP3Tag to ensure the tags are updated per Discogs or Musicbrainz, so I'm pretty sure it's not caused by bad tags. Here are a couple of snippets (with some application version info to help in your diagnosis):

[2022-11-14 21:19:30,273] INFO NetworkService - Successfully forwarding port 4040.
[2022-11-14 21:19:39,231] INFO BootstrapVerificationFilter - Servlet container: jetty-6.1.x
[2022-11-14 21:19:45,199] INFO VersionService - Resolved latest Subsonic final version to: 6.1.6
[2022-11-14 21:19:45,199] INFO VersionService - Resolved latest Subsonic beta version to: 6.1.beta2
[2022-11-14 21:21:49,097] WARN LastFmService - Failed to find album notes for David Fanshawe - Sea Images (The Best of David Fanshawe)
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "userdata: NULL"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615)
at de.umass.lastfm.Track$TrackFactory.createItemFromElement(Track.java:704)
at de.umass.lastfm.Track$TrackFactory.createItemFromElement(Track.java:694)
at de.umass.lastfm.ResponseBuilder.buildCollection(ResponseBuilder.java:70)
at de.umass.lastfm.ResponseBuilder.buildCollection(ResponseBuilder.java:61)

[2022-11-14 21:40:31,287] WARN LastFmService - Failed to find album notes for Various Artists - This Is... 1983
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

[2022-11-14 21:22:12,187] INFO PodcastService - Starting scheduled Podcast refresh.
[2022-11-14 21:22:12,187] INFO PodcastService - Completed scheduled Podcast refresh.
[2022-11-14 21:24:00,481] WARN LastFmService - Failed to find album notes for Morton Gould - Jungle Drums
codyshive

Re: Lastfm Service Issue

Postby J_T_W » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:11 pm

Just as an FYI:

Subsonic is basically abandonware; it isn't open-source and there is no development or active support by the owner. You might consider moving off to a newer implementation. Both below suggestions run on multiple platforms, I'm a Windows guy so some of my supplemental info isn't as useful to non-Windows users.

If you're looking for a very lateral move, consider Airsonic Advanced https://github.com/airsonic-advanced/airsonic-advanced - It is in active development with frequent snapshot updates https://github.com/airsonic-advanced/airsonic-advanced/releases . Same feature set as Subsonic (API, Sonos, etc.) with updated code. As it is open source, you also get almost all the features Subsonic Premium gives you, but for free (see my last line). Minimal effort for installation (latest Java installed, then a command line shortcut to the war file - upgrades even easier with just a fast war file change).

If you're really more API focused, and looking just for a music streaming service (app over browser), you might consider moving off the Subsonic family of servers altogether. Check out Navidrome https://www.navidrome.org/ . That product is primarily to supply the API with a completely new back-end, and refocuses to just support audio (no video, podcast, internet radio, etc.). There is not yet built in support for Sonos, but you can find easy linking with something like Bonob https://github.com/simojenki/bonob. As with Airsonic Advanced, no subscription or fee to access the API. Navidrome does have a simplified web UI if desired.

Both products will need you to come up with your own DDNS solution for external access. Both support running as a service with something like NSSM https://nssm.cc/, and IIS works great as a reverse proxy if you wish to run them as SSL.
J_T_W

Re: Lastfm Service Issue

Postby codyshive » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:38 pm

Thanks, I had assumed as much considering most of the apps aren't working with Subsonic anymore. It was on the off chance the the owner(s) may be looking. I'll look at the alternatives you mentioned (thanks!), but I'm also hoping the owners will release this into the opensource world again. It would be a very simple fix for me to make to the code base, if I had it.

Cheers!
codyshive

Return to Help