[Feature Request] Configurable download options.

Artist radio, genre radio & related artists. A Subsonic server for music nerds.

Moderator: moderators

[Feature Request] Configurable download options.

Postby szekely » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Hakko,

Thanks again for this mod, it is great! Just have a request for the download portion.

In Subsonic standard, when you download a full album Subsonic seems to just zip the entire folder of the album and provide it as the download. When this was done the zip would be the name of the folder (in my case, %date% - %album%.zip) and would include all the other files in the folder, such as artwork and logs, etc. With MusicCabinet, it seems as though albums are downloaded as if they were a playlist of different artists and albums, and the name of the zip files are along the lines of subsonicxxxx.zip, where x represents a number I'm sure is related to something in Subsonic.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide an option of either reverting to the old method of downloading single albums, or provide configuration options of how to name and what to include in those downloads.

Thanks for your time!
szekely

Re: [Feature Request] Configurable download options.

Postby hakko » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:50 am

Hi! I've had it on my list (since you asked for it) to make the download names more readable.

Including artwork, log and cue files is a totally valid request, but not super easily implemented. Since the browsing is tag based, an album doesn't internally map to a single directory anymore. It maps to all tracks from said album, and the actual files could be scattered all over your hard drive. That's why it works differently than vanilla Subsonic and can't easily be reverted. So it would be a bit of work to automatically look up all non-audio files found in the same directories as all the audio files associated with the album and add them to the zip file.
MusicCabinet developer
hakko

Postby hakko » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Partial update: when downloading albums, the resulting zip file is now called artist - album.zip.
MusicCabinet developer
hakko

Postby madrose » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi,
First thank you for the MOD it is amazing.

I would like to ask if it is possible to have the option when downloading the album art to be embedded in the mp3 tag?
I believe this would be an excellent feature.

Thanks in advance.
madrose

Postby hakko » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Thank you! That's not a bad idea either. But just to not raise false hope, I have some new features that's been on my TODO list since midsummer and I'll finish them before considering new projects (even though I like getting input and new ideas).
MusicCabinet developer
hakko

Postby szekely » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks so much Hakko. in terms of downloading additional files with the albums, perhaps a check can be run to see if the music files are in the same directory. If so, then all files in that directory can be zipped. Otherwise just ignore non-music files.
szekely

Search Sexy Girls in your town for night - Authentic Maidens

Postby madrose » Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:54 pm

madrose

Return to MusicCabinet