Is this a bug?

General discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Is this a bug?

Postby maitoparta » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Hello everybody!

First of, Thanks for this cool application. It is very useful to me.

Version 3.3 got rid of those play/add/download all buttons in the left panel. I have a couple of songs (some temporary files) located at the root of my source folders. How am I supposed to play these songs now?

If there is no way these songs can be played with the updated system, can you at least modify the next version so that the individual songs located at the root would have these buttons at the left panel and the folders would not (if it is preferred like this by most - I don't mind the way it is now for the folders).
maitoparta

Postby mookieproof » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:40 am

seconded!
mookieproof

Postby braddyo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:36 pm

thirded
braddyo

Postby sindre_mehus » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Yes, I'll consider to add play buttons for songs located at the root. As a work-around you'll have to move them into a sub-directory.
sindre_mehus

Postby maitoparta » Fri May 16, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks for adding those buttons back in the list.

I don't know if this has been noted here before, but because of adding the buttons back, you have caused another tiny bug, or a feature if you like it better.

The list on the left side shows directories alphabetically categorized and on the bottom on the list are the individual songs. This is perfect. I have an individual song at the root of my MP3 songs, which starts with a letter "D". The problem (the feature) is that Subsonic skips all the alphabets if there aren't any directories starting with that letter, but it does not skip it if there are those individual songs yet no directory. This will cause the "D" alphabet to show, even though there are nothing under it (since the individual songs are listed at the bottom of the list.)

Like I said, a very minor error, or perhaps a feature that I have not yet understood.
maitoparta

Postby sindre_mehus » Fri May 16, 2008 2:10 pm

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to fix that in the next release.

Thanks again, Sindre
sindre_mehus

Return to General