Opera vs Subsonic (Browser update problem)

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Opera vs Subsonic (Browser update problem)

Postby kdid » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:53 am

Opera is in my opinion the best browser to show subsonic in.

But for some months ago I get a problem with the Opera cache it looks like. I do not know what changed. Maybe something in a new version of Opera. Maybe something in a new version of Subsonic.

If I press Play on an album with several songs. Then the songs is added to the playlist as they should. And the VLC player is started as it should.

The problem is if you then start to change the playlist by for instance removing some songs in the list. If you do many such changes you will see entries that you deleted suddenly pop back into the list. But they are not really there. It's just the Opera cache that is misbehaving.

I do not see that problem in Firefox or IE. But those browsers is not showing subsonic as good as the Opera browser.

However I was able to go into the settings in Opera and do changes that fixed this problem. But I feel that it should not have been necessary to do that. Subsonic should had worked with Opera without any need to changes in settings.

Have anyone had the same problem?

If anyone is interested I probably can dig up the changes I did in Opera to make it work correctly with Subsonic.

But I had hoped that Sindre might be able to make a fix of some sort.
-- kdid
kdid
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:17 am

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 am

I'm also using Opera and I haven't seen this problem. What version are you using? I'm on 9.50.

Sindre
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby kdid » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:04 pm

I currently see the problem in 9.26.
I also just installed 9.61 and I see the same problem there.

I have a simple procedure to make iit misbehave. I do like this:
- Choose "Pink Floyd", and the "A Sauserful Of Secrets" album that have 7 tracks.
- Empty the playlist in the player.
- Add all songs to the playlist using the "Add All" button.
- Remove the following tracks from the list in this order: 2, 4, 6 and 3.
- All is well until track 3 is removed. Then the playlist suddenly contains: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

I tried this with my regular account, and also with a brand new account on my subsonic server with the same result.

Doing the exact same procedure in Firefox works perfectly.

This can look to be a minor issue, but as you have larger playlists it becomes frustrating to never be able to trust if the playlist shown is the same as the one on the server.

To me it looks like it sometimes get the vrong version of the playlist presented in Opera.
-- kdid
kdid
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:17 am

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Thanks, I'm able to reproduce it on your server.

I understand that it is really frustrating, and I will do my best to fix it. I can't reproduce it on my local server, however. It could be a Tomcat issue. Have you tried to use the Windows installer version of Subsonic?

Sindre
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby sindre_mehus » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:45 pm

Fixed in 3.5 :-)

(Had to throw in some no-cache http directives)
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby kdid » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks for fixing it. :D

I will test it again when have installed the new version.
-- kdid
kdid
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:17 am

Postby kdid » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:40 pm

I just tested this again with 3.5 and it's works perfectly in Opera now. Thanks for fixing it. :-)
-- kdid
kdid
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:17 am


Return to Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests