Play count is inaccurate

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Play count is inaccurate

Postby fletchowns » Tue May 19, 2020 12:43 am

Problem Description: The "Played ... songs" count shown in the album list on the Most Played section seems to be inaccurate for one album in particular. I am not sure exactly when it happened, I have been using subsonic for years so it may have been awhile back.
Image
Troubleshooting Steps: None
Playback Application and version: Subsonic Premium Web Interface
Subsonic Version: 6.1.5 (build 759abe) – December 1, 2018
Server Version: 6.1.5 (build 759abe) – December 1, 2018
Hardware Platform: Linux
Java Memory Limit: 1024m
Problem Filename: n/a
Output from ffmpeg -i: n/a
Last ten log file lines: n/a

I checked /var/subsonic/subsonic.log to see if I could determine why the played count would be so high, but it only goes back to Oct of last year (migrated to a new server then) and the log is only ~84k lines so probably not gonna have those 3 million song plays in it!

Is there any way I can reset the played count just for this one album? Maybe that is the best option since I don't think I'll be able to determine why the played count is so high. Thanks!
fletchowns
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:05 am

Re: Play count is inaccurate

Postby 3Dscrewer » Tue May 19, 2020 10:17 am

My opinion, it's a fault while migrating to another server. The easy way, move the folder with that album out of the path, rescan, clean up database (you can try that first, befor moving) and move it back with a new rescan.
If that doesn't help, I don't know ...

Let us hear what happened ...
3Dscrewer
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Re: Play count is inaccurate

Postby fletchowns » Tue May 19, 2020 8:03 pm

3Dscrewer wrote:My opinion, it's a fault while migrating to another server. The easy way, move the folder with that album out of the path, rescan, clean up database (you can try that first, befor moving) and move it back with a new rescan.
If that doesn't help, I don't know ...

Let us hear what happened ...


Thanks 3dscrewer! I moved the album out of the path, rescanned, cleaned up DB, moved it back, and rescanned. Played count has been reset!

I tried DB cleanup before doing that but it didn't seem to fix it.

Thanks again!
fletchowns
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:05 am


Return to Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests