Creating playlists?

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Creating playlists?

Postby R0tten » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Hello music world. I am new here and have a series of question. Let's just start with one....

How do I make playlists? Or better yet. I am using iTunes and would find it beneficial if it were possible to export my playlists (m3u for example) and have subsonic recognize them as playlists. Any help or direction would be great!
R0tten

Postby GJ51 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 am

Playlists are stored in the subdirectory that you define on the "Settings/General" menu page. C:\playlists is the default in the Windows version.

I don't use iTunes, but you could try copying a playlist to the default directory. I don't know if that works, but perhaps it might with a search index refresh. Settings/Search will allow you to "

To create a playlist in SS, use the "More actions" selector to the right end of the player bar.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com/
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com/
GJ51

Postby allroy1975 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 pm

a playlist (m3u) file is really just a text file. Create a small one in subsonic. Then you can create one with a faster interface, like Winamp. You can just go through your Windows Explorer folder and right click on folders (albums or artists) and then choose "add to winamp queue". Once you've added a bunch that you want, you can save the playlist into the subsonic playlist folder, defined like GJ51 said.

then open them in a text editor, like notepad. Do a find and replace on all to make the winamp playlist point to the same folder as the one you created in subsonic.

does that make sense? that's how I made my big playlists..that take FOREVER to load. :(
allroy1975

Postby R0tten » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Yeah, kind of makes sense.. I think I exported my playlist from itunes? I got that portion of it working LOL. ty :)
R0tten

Return to Help