Subsonic see only 1/3 of the media library

General discussions.

Moderator: moderators

Subsonic see only 1/3 of the media library

Postby gogogo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:41 am

Hello I run subsonic on a raspberry with the media folder in NFS from a nas.. it was working well for many month but now
I realized that don't show all the library.. when I perform a new scan .. the result is only 1/3 of the complete library.

The nfs permissions are correct, from the terminal the raspberry correctly show all the files that I don't see in subsonic.. also I have done on all the library a chomod -R 777 and also verified a user and group ownership with a big chown to be sure.

I see logs like this
Code: Select all
[7/21/19 10:39:13 PM UTC]   ERROR   RESTFilter   Failed to write error response.
[7/21/19 11:52:00 PM UTC]   WARN   RESTFilter   Error in REST API: /media/multimedia/o3765977.jpg (No such file or directory)
[7/22/19 2:13:51 AM UTC]   WARN   RESTFilter   Error in REST API: NullPointerException
[7/22/19 11:27:44 AM UTC]   ERROR   MediaScannerService   Failed to scan media library.
[7/22/19 11:27:45 AM UTC]   INFO   PlaylistService   Starting playlist import.
[7/22/19 11:27:45 AM UTC]   INFO   PlaylistService   Completed playlist import.

What I can do?

Thank you.
gogogo

Re: Subsonic see only 1/3 of the media library

Postby mbro » Thu May 21, 2020 9:57 pm

I have a similar concern... Was running Subsonic on a Linux desktop (Debain) NFS mount to a freenas server locally. My issue is slightly different in that Subsonic indexes all my music successfully, but over time it seems to "forget" about a few songs. Example: an album has 18 songs, and all 18 were there and present, but I go look right now and it shows tracks 1-10, 18. What happened to 11-17? I look on the file system, and they are present, and there are no rights differences. So they were in the library and subsonic's database, but Subsonic has seemingly forgot about them. Subsequent media scans doesn't show them, tried disabling "fast access" mode, tried cleaning up the database. No difference. If I delete the database entirely and re-index the entire library fresh, those files will be present.

Seems to be something with the Subsonic database. Anyone else experienced something like that?

Marlen.
mbro

Postby gogogo » Fri May 22, 2020 3:13 pm

The most aggressive and fast solution is trying to delete the db and create a new one
gogogo

Postby mbro » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:09 pm

Yes, I've done that before, but thats not a fix as it will happen again. Also, when you delete and recreate the database, you loose all the history about what has been played, popular in your library, etc.

The solution is to tell the database not to randomly forget about individual tracks, or for the database to re-present those tracks again. First question, I guess, would be "why does it think that track doesn't exist when it absolutely does"...
mbro

Postby gogogo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:28 pm

there is a backup directory that you can restore
gogogo

Postby gogogo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:15 pm

and .. after years of using subsonic..the best way is run it as LXC container under KVM hypervisor with automatic snapshot at the night and every day you will have a backup of all the system for restore in a click in any time...

raspberry etc.. are not good solutions.. can works for some months.. but will not reach one year of uptime and you will lose the DB...

is better to buy a little fanless pc x64 with proxmox installed.. or a windows 10 using the free embed virtualization
gogogo

Postby mbro » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Interesting thought, but I think I can prove you wrong. I was running an old PC with Debian and Subsonic on a flash disk. Uptime was nearing 2 years when I finally experienced a power bump. The database on that one was also sporadically losing tracks that were still present, so I don't think its about the stability of the platform running subsonic, or how often it crashes (which is almost never). On that platform, I did also delete the database and recreate it, and experienced the same thing again over time. Seems to be albums that get more play time where that happens.

Still no solid explanation... And no good solution - backup/restore the database is nice in the event of a catastrophe, but the database shouldn't lose sight of tracks at all.

Thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?
mbro

Postby gogogo » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:29 pm

I don't know where you have the file system, but raspberry it's not stable for applications.
Better VPS. Life is better ;)
gogogo

Return to General