Subsonic 4.0.beta1 released

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Postby NiteFlame » Sun May 02, 2010 7:29 pm

also having the chat issue:

Code: Select all
36299630 [btpool0-549] INFO org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter - Exec: chatService.addMessage()
36302103 [btpool0-549] INFO org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter - Exec: nowPlayingService.getNowPlayingForCurrentPlayer()

NiteFlame
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:24 am

Postby necrosis » Mon May 03, 2010 2:05 am

Love subsonic and considering a doantion. The jaudiotagger throws me a lot op exception, like:

[2010-05-03 03:32:28,894] WARN JaudiotaggerParser - Error when parsing tags in /var/hda/files/music/Drum and Bass/Cd 2000/Renegade_Hardware-Future_Cut-RH23CD-2000-sour/B-Future_Cut-Busted-sour.mp3
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: ID3v10 cannot store track numbers
at org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.ID3v1Tag.getFirstTrack(ID3v1Tag.java:534)
at org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.ID3v1Tag.getFirst(ID3v1Tag.java:755)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.metadata.JaudiotaggerParser.getRawMetaData(JaudiotaggerParser.java:69)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.metadata.MetaDataParser.getMetaData(MetaDataParser.java:43)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.domain.MusicFile.getMetaData(MusicFile.java:243)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SearchService$Line.forFile(SearchService.java:763)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SearchService$Scanner.visit(SearchService.java:829)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.domain.MusicFile.accept(MusicFile.java:349)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.domain.MusicFile.accept(MusicFile.java:356)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.domain.MusicFile.accept(MusicFile.java:356)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.domain.MusicFile.accept(MusicFile.java:356)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SearchService.doCreateIndex(SearchService.java:138)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SearchService.access$000(SearchService.java:60)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.SearchService$1.run(SearchService.java:112)
necrosis
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 1:58 am

Postby c0ffee » Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 am

Hello,

I get on error by click settings - players

Exception javax.el.ELException
Message Expression uses functions, but no FunctionMapper was provided
Java version SAP AG 1.6.0_07
Operating system Linux 2.6.31.12-0.2-desktop
Server SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.20 / AS Java 7.20.3710.78620.20100416152130
Memory Used 537 of 1019 MB
Stack trace javax.el.ELException: Expression uses functions, but no FunctionMapper was provided
c0ffee
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 am

Postby sindre_mehus » Mon May 03, 2010 11:58 am

necrosis wrote:Love subsonic and considering a doantion. The jaudiotagger throws me a lot op exception, like:

[2010-05-03 03:32:28,894] WARN JaudiotaggerParser - Error when parsing tags in /var/hda/files/music/Drum and Bass/Cd 2000/Renegade_Hardware-Future_Cut-RH23CD-2000-sour/B-Future_Cut-Busted-sour.mp3
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: ID3v10 cannot store track numbers


Already fixed :-)

Thanks,
Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby necrosis » Tue May 04, 2010 12:29 am

Great :) cant wait until the next beta!

I got one more :)

[5/4/10 4:01:31 AM CEST] WARN CoverArtController Failed to create thumbnail for /var/hda/files/music/Various CD/Quality/A-Ha - Stay On These Roads - 1988/A-HA - Stay on these roads - back.jpg
necrosis
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 1:58 am

Postby denisesballs » Tue May 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Donator here, have always had issues with m4as. I on 3.x I would make my own transcoding script with help from a post on here like:

/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg -i "$song" -f mp3 -ab $bitrate - 2>/dev/null


That worked pretty well, except for some it would just stop playing after 30 seconds or so. With the news 4.x supported the transcoding natively, I installed from scratch with the fancy new Ubuntu package (nice job!). M4As don't play at all out of the box still. Here is my log:

[2010-05-04 14:26:40,208] INFO PlaylistInputStream - admin listening to "Revolver/01 Taxman.m4a"
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,214] DEBUG TranscodeInputStream - Starting transcoder: [/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg] [-i] [/data/Multimedia/Music/The Beatles/Regular Quality/Revolver/01 Taxman.m4a] [-f] [wav] [-]
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,245] DEBUG TranscodeInputStream - Starting transcoder: [/var/subsonic/transcode/lame] [-b] [128] [-] [-]
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) FFmpeg version SVN-r19352-4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2.2, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) configuration: --extra-version=4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2.2 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --disable-stripping --disable-vhook --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --extra-cflags=-I/build/buildd/ffmpeg-0.5+svn20090706/debian/include --enable-shared --disable-static
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) libavutil 49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) libavcodec 52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) libavformat 52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) libavfilter 0. 4. 0 / 0. 4. 0
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) built on Apr 23 2010 15:05:49, gcc: 4.4.1
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/data/Multimedia/Music/The Beatles/Regular Quality/Revolver/01 Taxman.m4a':
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Duration: 00:02:38.87, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 210 kb/s
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Stream #0.0(und): Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Output #0, wav, to 'pipe:':
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,246] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Stream #0.0(und): Audio: pcm_s16le, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 1411 kb/s
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,247] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Stream mapping:
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,247] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
[2010-05-04 14:26:40,247] DEBUG InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Press [q] to stop encoding


Is there something I'm missing? Looks like it's enabled by default in the Transcoding options. Don't hear anything and the flash applet just sits there although the log looks OK.
denisesballs
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Postby sindre_mehus » Tue May 04, 2010 7:48 pm

4.0 supports native playback of M4A/AAC, so you don't have to transcode it at all. Try disabling the m4a>mp3 (and aac>mp3) transcoders and see how that goes.

Cheers
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby denisesballs » Wed May 05, 2010 1:28 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:4.0 supports native playback of M4A/AAC, so you don't have to transcode it at all. Try disabling the m4a>mp3 (and aac>mp3) transcoders and see how that goes.

Cheers


That did work, but it takes 20-30 seconds after starting to actually play anything, which kinda kills the point. Here is the log with transcoding turned off:

Code: Select all
[2010-05-05 09:23:30,017] INFO PlaylistInputStream - admin listening to "Revolver/01 Taxman.m4a"
[2010-05-05 09:26:49,048] INFO PlaylistInputStream - admin listening to "Revolver/02 Eleanor Rigby.m4a"
denisesballs
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed May 05, 2010 1:40 pm

denisesballs wrote:That did work, but it takes 20-30 seconds after starting to actually play anything, which kinda kills the point.


Ah, sorry, forgot to mention that. Unless I'm completely confused, that has been fixed in beta2.

If you're on Windows you can try it out here. Other platforms will be available later today.

Pls let us know if it works for you.
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby denisesballs » Wed May 05, 2010 1:41 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:
denisesballs wrote:That did work, but it takes 20-30 seconds after starting to actually play anything, which kinda kills the point.


Ah, sorry, forgot to mention that. Unless I'm completely confused, that has been fixed in beta2.

If you're on Windows you can try it out here. Other platforms will be available later today.

Pls let us know if it works for you.


I'm on Ubuntu. Gonna release an updated .deb? You should look into starting a PPA. I'll be waiting patiently for Beta2 then! Thanks!
denisesballs
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Postby denisesballs » Wed May 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Also, is the stop button gone for good? I liked that for a way to cancel a transcoding/streaming on the server end for a long song I don't want to listen to. I know I could click a new song instead, but it was nice to have.

If you need an Ubuntu tester let me know.
denisesballs
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed May 05, 2010 5:36 pm

denisesballs wrote:Also, is the stop button gone for good? I liked that for a way to cancel a transcoding/streaming on the server end for a long song I don't want to listen to. I know I could click a new song instead, but it was nice to have.

If you need an Ubuntu tester let me know.


Just released 4.0.beta2 for Ubuntu/Debian: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/subs ... .beta2.deb

Stop button: Yeah, it's gone apparently. Actually I haven't noticed it. I upgraded to a later version of the JW Player, and I guess they decided that a stop button wasn't necessary.

Thanks,
Sindre
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby denisesballs » Wed May 05, 2010 5:48 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:
denisesballs wrote:Also, is the stop button gone for good? I liked that for a way to cancel a transcoding/streaming on the server end for a long song I don't want to listen to. I know I could click a new song instead, but it was nice to have.

If you need an Ubuntu tester let me know.


Just released 4.0.beta2 for Ubuntu/Debian: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/subs ... .beta2.deb

Stop button: Yeah, it's gone apparently. Actually I haven't noticed it. I upgraded to a later version of the JW Player, and I guess they decided that a stop button wasn't necessary.

Thanks,
Sindre


Upgraded, didn't help the m4a issue. I can see it loading the entire song in the JW player before it starts playback. Log:

Code: Select all
[2010-05-05 13:45:50,839] INFO VersionService - Resolved local Subsonic version to: 4.0.beta2
[2010-05-05 13:45:51,126] INFO VersionService - Resolved latest Subsonic final version to: 3.9
[2010-05-05 13:45:51,137] INFO VersionService - Resolved latest Subsonic beta version to: 4.0.beta1
[2010-05-05 13:46:08,618] INFO CoverArtController - Created thumbnail cache /var/subsonic/thumbs/110
[2010-05-05 13:46:25,667] INFO PlaylistInputStream - admin listening to "Revolver/01 Taxman.m4a"
denisesballs
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 pm

How strange... Could you pls send me one of your m4a files so I could try to reproduce it on my computer?
Subsonic developer
User avatar
sindre_mehus
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby denisesballs » Wed May 05, 2010 6:23 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:How strange... Could you pls send me one of your m4a files so I could try to reproduce it on my computer?


PMed it to you.
denisesballs
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests