Subsonic 4.7.beta2 released

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Subsonic 4.7.beta2 released

Postby tmwsiy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Oh, ok, thanks.

I am still confused with the sorting.

I have a folder with 2012 shows that some are sorting by 2012 and some are not.

Yet, for example when I open one of the folders that are not sorting properly, Tag N Rename shows that album year is indeed 2012.... so where is Subsonic getting this info? How can I fix it?

tmwsiy

Postby bushman4 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:01 pm

What does Subsonic say the year is in its tag editor?

Glenn
Glenn Sullivan
Subsonic 6.1.6 (Unraid Docker)
90 regular Subsonic Users

Library as of 2021-09-23:
4,120 artists
16,235 albums
201,172 songs
5525.59 GB
26,799 hours
bushman4

Postby tmwsiy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:14 pm

All properly show as 2012.
thanks for the help Glenn
tmwsiy

Postby bushman4 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Were they properly tagged the FIRST time Subsonic saw them in a scan, or is it possible those tags were added after the fact?

(PS, how awesome was the second set last night!?! Golden Age->Ghost and Tweezer->Walk Away were off the hook!)

Glenn
Glenn Sullivan
Subsonic 6.1.6 (Unraid Docker)
90 regular Subsonic Users

Library as of 2021-09-23:
4,120 artists
16,235 albums
201,172 songs
5525.59 GB
26,799 hours
bushman4

Postby tmwsiy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Ha! A fellow Phish fan...also from Massachusetts ta boot! (Westwood here....and nTelos night 2 was show #285 for this guy)
Incredible! As most have been...strong second sets...that particular sequence was certainly one of the highlights of the summer.
Now if they could just string two of those sets together.

And, again, thanks for the help...this is just driving me bananas.

No, the tags haven't changed at all.

Also, if you are interested, I'd me more than happy to give you an account on this server if you don't have the Phish Vault.
It has SBD where exists, AUD otherwise, of every Phish show ever circulated as well as side shows and sit-ins.

I only have about 20 people or so on it now, including the Phish.net admins, and have plenty of bandwidth.
If interested, shoot me an email at parkerjh@gmail.com and I'll get you a password.
tmwsiy

Postby supra92 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 pm

tmwsiy,

You're not the only one -- it's definitely a bug with 4.7b2. I have a large collection of about 4,300 albums/55,000 songs, and even after doing a clean install and at least five or six full index scans, SS only grabs the Date ID3 tag on some of the albums -- in fact, a minority of them. The ones it does find are invariably listed first, in descending order.... followed by all the ones it didn't find a date for, in ascending order. Definitely creates an "interesting" effect in the album listings, to say the least :)

Sindre is right on top of this and has already conveyed a few solutions he's putting in place, so I'm just sitting tight with 4.6 for now and waiting to see how 4.7/4.7b3 is when it comes out. The album listing hiccup definitely precludes my adopting 4.7b2 in the interim.... especially since I've found 4.6 to be an absolutely stellar release. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to stick with 4.6 forever, but that's likely not the case -- and each subsequent SS release from Sindre is like a big ol' Christmas gift. I get all goofy and happy and like a little kid I can't wait to open the present.

Hiccups in 4.7bx are quite understandable, really, considering the full engine overhaul Sindre just applied to it -- guaranteed things get ironed out soon enough. The only other major issue I saw with 4.7b2 is the Index scan times --- mine isn't obscene for a first full/new scan (about 15 minutes), but the problem is that it takes ~15 minutes *every time*, whereas 4.6 re-scans in about 45 seconds for every scan after the first initial one. But this tends to be a YMMV thing, as I've heard others state that 4.6 is slow.

Supra92
supra92

Postby BKKKPewsey » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 pm

I am sure if you ask Glenn we could set-up a Phish sub-forum especially for you guys.
(And we could discuss Ben & Jerrys ice-cream too :P )

getting back to the tags - do those albums that are not showings the year tags have the tracks within the folder and not in a subfolder?
SS has always had a problem with multiple cd albums eg album\cd#\tracks do not scan correctly

:mrgreen:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, Image but some abuse the privilege!

Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music.
BKKKPewsey

Postby sindre_mehus » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 pm

BKKKPewsey wrote:Some more testing been carried out on 4.7b2 Test server - Not good news I'm afraid :cry:

To try to get my media folders to fully scan (see my previous post) I deleted the previously scanned folders from SS.
This resulted in the left frame becoming devoid of any artists (understandably)
I then added 1 of the folders back in and hit rescan - the scan files progress bar briefly flashed up and then stopped.
Still no artists in left frame :(
So I added back some more of the previously deleted folders - same result
I checked the database and all the folders and files were being listed including items that had been scanned previously,
been deleted, and not added back in. So it appears that deleted items are not being removed from the database.
So I added another folder which had not been scanned in previously - that scanned and displayed in the left frame
So I now show artists in the left frame and albums in the main frame but only for artists beginning with "U" :roll:
Sindre if you want any further info please pm (I cannot give you guest access as this test server is on local lan only)

Thanks for reporting this. I've been able to reproduce the error and fix it. In short, if you remove a folder in "Settings > Media folder" and later add it again (doing scans in between), no files in that folder is displayed.

To revive the lost files you can go to http://yourserver/db.view and run this query: "update media_file set present=true". Then rescan the library.

Thanks again!
Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby BKKKPewsey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Thank you Sindre :D
:lol: - that is why its called BETA
Mind you I think Vista has only JUST come out of that status :roll:

Sindre you may want to have a look at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9784#p42887
Not too sure whats going on with year sorting there?

Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music.
BKKKPewsey

Postby sindre_mehus » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:49 pm

supra92 wrote:tmwsiy,

You're not the only one -- it's definitely a bug with 4.7b2. I have a large collection of about 4,300 albums/55,000 songs, and even after doing a clean install and at least five or six full index scans, SS only grabs the Date ID3 tag on some of the albums -- in fact, a minority of them.

Do you still have this server running? It would be great if I could have a look!

Thanks,
Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby sindre_mehus » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 pm

BKKKPewsey wrote:
I was going to report that the top rated function was broken but after 5 mins of spinning circle waiting they did finally appear :|
However requesting the same info again results in the same wait time so it appears that SS is searching each time.

Are you still seeing this? If so, would it be possible to give me access to your Subsonic server so I can have a look in the database?

Cheers,
Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby diffy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I confirm this, this also happened on my server, and I had to revert to 4.6...

I created a topic about this here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9748
diffy

Postby BKKKPewsey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:00 pm

sindre_mehus wrote:
BKKKPewsey wrote:
I was going to report that the top rated function was broken but after 5 mins of spinning circle waiting they did finally appear :|
However requesting the same info again results in the same wait time so it appears that SS is searching each time.

Are you still seeing this? If so, would it be possible to give me access to your Subsonic server so I can have a look in the database?

Cheers,
Sindre

That was on an upgrade on my main server which has now been reverted back to 4.6 :| Mainly due to that problem
I did not get that problem on my clean 4.7b2 install so I presume it was due to the way it was reading the old 4.6 top rated stars.

I can give you access to my server but I am not too sure if that will now help :?
However I do still have the whole SS 4.7 c:/subsonic folder preserved so if you need any files from it I could upload.
However it is about 355Mb in size :o (4.6 folder is reported as 190Mb)

:mrgreen:

BKKKPewsey

Postby tmwsiy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:10 am

sindre_mehus wrote:
BKKKPewsey wrote:

Cheers,
Sindre

thanks for the responses...

Can certainly take a look at mine if it were helpful...though only a problem with a tiny amount of folders but nonetheless, would love to get it resolved.
tmwsiy

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:28 am

BKKKPewsey wrote:
However I do still have the whole SS 4.7 c:/subsonic folder preserved so if you need any files from it I could upload.

Yes, if you could zip the db directory and put it on Dropbox or something, that would be of great help!

Thanks,
Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements