Subsonic 4.7.beta2 released

Announcements and discussion of new releases.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Subsonic 4.7.beta2 released

Postby squashed » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:35 am

BKKKPewsey wrote:
squashed wrote:Do I need to change a setting in the browser?

I could say no - just change the browser :wink: Have you tried compatibility mode in IE8?
:mrgreen:

Your browser comment isn't that helpful to be honest.

I have tried it in compatibility mode and - no joy.

It was working perfectly up until this release - so something has broken.
squashed

Postby GJ51 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:57 pm

TODO IN 4.7
-----------------
Backup database in installer.
Add "Force rescan" option.
Problems importing playlists (BKKKPewsey)
Video files not displayed?
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2& ... 5b29249d42
Displayed album year doesn't update when editing corresponding tag (Foyaxe)
Album art broken on IE8.

It's a known issue, scheduled to be addressed.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby Bellfazar » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 pm

What about my issue? I'm using Chrome 20 and it seems like the missing album art and Java error issue only crops up when I'm dealing with files on my network drive.
Bellfazar

Postby GJ51 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 am

I'm using Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m without any problems. I don't think you have a specifically "Chrome" issue as so far you seem to be the first one reporting it. I also have a site running the WAR version without seeing the same problem.

You're welcome to test the browser on my site if you like, just send me a PM if you want access.

My best guess is either the account your using for the logon account doesn't have sufficient rights, or it's just a java issue.
Gary J

GJ51

Postby Bellfazar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:31 am

GJ51 wrote:I'm using Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m without any problems. I don't think you have a specifically "Chrome" issue as so far you seem to be the first one reporting it. I also have a site running the WAR version without seeing the same problem.

You're welcome to test the browser on my site if you like, just send me a PM if you want access.

My best guess is either the account your using for the logon account doesn't have sufficient rights, or it's just a java issue.

I suspect you're right about it being a permissions issue, but it would be helpful to know what coverArt.view is actually trying to do and what kind of permissions I might need to set. It seems odd that cover artwork for local data works fine but cover artwork for network data doesn't, given that the program seems like it's trying to write thumbnails to the exact same place.
Bellfazar

Postby BrianDelShasta » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 pm

This looks great! I can finally switch to SMB storage rather than local DAS. Even without the "fast access" option selected it still seems much less iops intensive.

One annoying quasi-security issue though with the password reset feature on the login page...
Two things really:

-You can type in any username or email address and the system tells you if the account doesn't exist. This is potentially too much information.
-The real issue though is that you can automatically reset anyone's password anytime you want if you know their email or username. This could be a real annoyance. Assuming there's not a blacklist after too many resets or something you could essentially DoS someone's account by posting the reset button indefinitely--even the admin account!

Is there a way to merely send a link to the email address to verify you indeed want the password reset? If nothing can be done, no big deal I'll just remove the link from the login page.

Really looking forward to this release!
BrianDelShasta

Postby DaveWut » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Please fix this issue too: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8894

Thanks
Dave
DaveWut

Postby jonnymnemo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Thank you so much for your work, Sindre, subsonic is amazing !

The 4.7.beta2 works fine for me. Very fast, even to scan my library (50K songs).
Although, the lyrics feature seems not to work properly, even if I reset the cache folder. It doesn't find any lyrics.
This feature was also not working in the 4.6, but was working with the mashup mod.
Is there a bugfix in the todo list ?

Also, when I save a change in the settings, the music stops. It is really annoying. Do you have the same problem ?
jonnymnemo

Postby lovebags » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:51 am

Just got this error when I clicked on 'settings', 'shared media'. If I create a 'share' the link works fine but if I try to view shares in the admin panel something is not happy. Any thoughts?

-----------------------------
Exception java.lang.NullPointerException
Message null
Java version Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_18
Operating system Windows Server 2008 R2 6.1
Server jetty-6.1.x
Memory Used 46 of 144 MB
Stack trace java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.ShareSettingsController.getShareInfos(ShareSettingsController.java:110)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.ShareSettingsController.handleRequestInternal(ShareSettingsController.java:63)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:166)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:173)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
lovebags

Postby jonnymnemo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:37 am

One annoying quasi-security issue though with the password reset feature on the login page...
Two things really:

-You can type in any username or email address and the system tells you if the account doesn't exist. This is potentially too much information.
-The real issue though is that you can automatically reset anyone's password anytime you want if you know their email or username. This could be a real annoyance. Assuming there's not a blacklist after too many resets or something you could essentially DoS someone's account by posting the reset button indefinitely--even the admin account!

Is there a way to merely send a link to the email address to verify you indeed want the password reset? If nothing can be done, no big deal I'll just remove the link from the login page.

I agree with BrianDelShasta. This is a security issue, but this new feature is great, and I don't want to remove it.

Some ways of reducing the issue :
1- add a captcha to the reset password page
2- Fill in the username AND the mail address (any user whith an access knows the other usernames)
3- send a confirmation to the mail address

The only problem would be if you don't remember the mail you registered with. Anyways, adding proposition 1 and 3 should be sufficient.
jonnymnemo

Postby GBSub » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:59 am

rickeo wrote:I wish we could find out what has changed in 4.7b2 that requires you to manually start a media folder scan before new music will show up in SS.

Previous versions going as far back as I can remember just required a refresh of the browser window on the Client side before new music will show up.

Pretty massive shift don't you think?

I really hope there's an option to preserve the old behavior in this regard. One of the huge attractions to me and why I gladly paid for Subsonic was the live file system. I hate relying on timed or manual rescans. I want to throw a new piece of media in my folder and go.
GBSub

Postby GJ51 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:33 am

It looks like this may be in the process of being addressed for the beta 3 release.

DONE IN 4.7
-------------
Don't display "null" as artist in now playing.
Fixed crash on Java 7 caused by wrong sorting implementation.
Added Settings > General > Sort albums by year
Try with different encodings when importing playlists.
Admins should be able to manage all playlists (that is visible to them)
Use "album artist" tag if present.
Updated Slovenian translation, courtesy of Jan Jamšek
Automatically import all playlists on start-up.
Show all playlist metadata.
Fixed problem with no files being showed if removing and re-adding a media folder with scans in between.
Added "Settings > Media folders > Clean-up database"
Fixed slow "Top rated".
Less aggressive caching of left.view
Collapse long list of playlists.
Make it possible to refresh left frame.
Displayed album year doesn't update when editing corresponding tag (Foyaxe)
Include minisub
Show toast when saving queue as playlist (and when saving settings)
REST: Added getUsers.
HLS support
Album art broken on IE8.
Gary J

GJ51

Postby lovebags » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:00 am

The long playlist collapsing and album sort year option will be great additions. I think I discovered my earlier problem may have been due to creating share links and then moving the folder structure around. I don't think subsonic likes you doing that.
lovebags

Postby baxtr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:13 pm

GBSub wrote:
rickeo wrote:I wish we could find out what has changed in 4.7b2 that requires you to manually start a media folder scan before new music will show up in SS.

Previous versions going as far back as I can remember just required a refresh of the browser window on the Client side before new music will show up.

Pretty massive shift don't you think?

I really hope there's an option to preserve the old behavior in this regard. One of the huge attractions to me and why I gladly paid for Subsonic was the live file system. I hate relying on timed or manual rescans. I want to throw a new piece of media in my folder and go.

Not sure what you are talking about, I am running the beta2 and can add new music to my folder, refresh the browser and it shows up just fine, I don't need to rescan my media from the server at all. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean
baxtr

Postby phazzard » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 pm

It is when you update the tags of a file. When you add a new file to a folder, yes you can refresh and it will show up right away. If you update a tag on a file, it does not show up when you refresh.

I do love the updates / additions but I am still having problems with extremely long scan times (Even scans after the intial scan). It takes a week to do a full scan, no joke. I have made no changes to the server being used and added few additional files then I had while using previous versions and never had this issue with previous versions.
phazzard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements