Java 1.7 Incompatibility

Need help? Post your questions here.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Java 1.7 Incompatibility

Postby andu_ » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Hello Sindre,

PM sent with temporary login and password. I also removed the few audio files and other misc from my root directory and put them into folders. Everything is now arranged in either Artist -> Album -> Song or Artist -> Song folder structure. I rebooted after I rearranged the files and the behavior still exists.

Thanks,

Andy
andu_

Postby antaeus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:55 am

Hi,

Great piece of software. I love it.

However, I do not know if this post is also current for 4.7 beta 2.

Exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Message Comparison method violates its general contract!
Java version Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_04
Operating system Windows 7 6.1
Server jetty-6.1.x
Memory Used 74 of 112 MB

I get this... a lot. Everytime I want to watch big folder or such. I upted the memory allowed to 300, but that clearly is not something it understood.
antaeus

Postby BKKKPewsey » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:13 pm

To ALL

I have updated the first post of this thread which will explain why you MAY have a problem with 1.7.x
This also explains why some users do not have an issue - or not yet :roll:

:mrgreen:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, Image but some abuse the privilege!

Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music.
BKKKPewsey

Postby whacky98 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:19 am

The folders that seem to have that error also fail on the android app to open. Grr fix soon please
whacky98

Postby sindre_mehus » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 am

I have fixed it, but not yet released it.

Sindre
Subsonic developer
sindre_mehus

Postby diffy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:58 am

whacky98 wrote:The folders that seem to have that error also fail on the android app to open. Grr fix soon please

Now now. That is not a proper way to address the maintainer of a software project.
In case you haven't realised it yet:
Using open source software is a privilege, not a right.
There is no room to make demands in open source projects

Read this for further clarification http://ariejan.net/2012/03/20/open-source-is-a-privilege-not-a-right
diffy

Postby BKKKPewsey » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:51 pm

diffy wrote:Using open source software is a privilege, not a right.
There is no room to make demands in open source projects

As Teal'c (SG1) would say "Indeed"

:mrgreen:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, Image but some abuse the privilege!

Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music.
BKKKPewsey

Postby Bikkeltje » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm also experiencing problems with Java 1.7 U5 on a Windows Home server 2011 (64 bit) machine with the Subsonic 4.7 beta 2 version.
I'm using SS on a >4000 album collection

For what its worth (since the problem is solved by Sindre :D ) the description is as follows:

Exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Message Comparison method violates its general contract!
Java version Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_05
Operating system Windows Server 2008 R2 6.1
Server jetty-6.1.x
Memory Used 72 of 97 MB
Stack trace
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getChildrenOf(MediaFileService.java:212)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MusicIndexService.createArtistsByFolderStructure(MusicIndexService.java:143)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MusicIndexService.createArtists(MusicIndexService.java:131)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MusicIndexService.getIndexedArtists(MusicIndexService.java:66)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.LeftController.getMusicFolderContent(LeftController.java:218)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.LeftController.handleRequestInternal(LeftController.java:140)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:715)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:166)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:173)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ResponseHeaderFilter.doFilter(ResponseHeaderFilter.java:47)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
Bikkeltje

Postby Abraxus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:36 am

Hello,i got this error message, i dont know if this comes from java (i dont have the version 1.7 ) but so beware :)

Code: Select all
39554K->35378K(55632K), 0.5410280 secs]
[GC 59057K->35648K(85592K), 0.0125600 secs]
401135 [btpool0-10] ERROR org.mortbay.log - handle failed
java.lang.IllegalStateException: response
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.startResponse(HttpConnection.java:865)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:403)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)
   at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
401164 [btpool0-2] ERROR org.mortbay.log - handle failed
java.lang.IllegalStateException: response
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.startResponse(HttpConnection.java:865)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:403)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)

Here is my java version :
Code: Select all
abraxus@ks:~$ java -version
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.8.13) (6b18-1.8.13-0+squeeze2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)
abraxus@ks:~$
Abraxus

Postby tmwsiy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:53 pm

I've been having the error messages with certain directories as others have.

So I uninstalled latest Java and reverted back to 6.

Oddly, I am using x64 PC, Windows 7 and downloaded the appropriate JRE. When I went to Java.com, it appropriately told me that Java was installed! Congratulations!

Yet, when trying to open SS Control Panel, it said no Java detected. So, on a whim, I downloaded and installed the 32-bit version as well and that did the trick.
tmwsiy

Postby GJ51 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:24 pm

You need both 32 and 64 bit Java installed, but the 64 bit is only needed if you use the 64 bit browser in windows, otherwise you don't even need the 64 bit install. The 32 bit java is critical and MUST be installed.
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby tmwsiy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:49 am

GJ51 wrote:You need both 32 and 64 bit Java installed, but the 64 bit is only needed if you use the 64 bit browser in windows, otherwise you don't even need the 64 bit install. The 32 bit java is critical and MUST be installed.

well, glad I figured that out on trial and error. Is that documented anywhere?
Would be great if SS was fool proof for most people.
It is a small percentage of users that are willing to scour forums and spend all the effort in getting a program to work.
I understand it is "freeware" but not really, let's be honest. When I'm home, I don't need it. I use it 99% of the time on mobile.
Donation = Mandatory
tmwsiy

Postby GJ51 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:58 am

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

"We have detected you may be viewing this page in a 32-bit browser.If you use 32-bit and 64-bit browsers interchangeably, you will need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit Java in order to have the Java plug-in for both browsers. "

Occasionally, reading the instructions can be helpful. :wink:
Gary J

http://bios-mods.com
http://www.maplegrovepartners.com
http://theaverageguy.tv/category/tagpodcasts/cyberfrontiers/
GJ51

Postby Mindpaint » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Hello all.
What is the final status of this issue (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException - Message:Comparison method violates its general contract!) I assume we are waiting for a new release that fixes the issue?

Any idea on a release date?

Thank You all for everything. Subsonic is Fantastic!
Mindpaint

Postby gillespam » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:46 am

Hi Sindre,

I also have trouble with Subsonic 4.7b1-3 and Sun Java 1.7.0.5

Please find enclosed a zip file with the two errors I got.

I have no problem at all with the same Java and Subsonic 4.6 FYI.

subsonic.err.zip
gillespam

PreviousNext

Return to Help